1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with the decision. More than fine. In my opinion, anyone who was watching the games, starting with the end of last season, should have realized it would happen this year. I think Jeremy will be a terrific 6th man. This takes a lot of pressure off him, and allows him to play to his strengths, in my humble opinion. Very nice write up, The Cat!

2. PatBeverleyFan

A dream come true people! Let's celebrate this! Hahahaha!

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm indifferent about the situation thought both of them were pretty even.

So now lets begin.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

McHale is just trying to maximize Lin's effectiveness by maximizing the amount of time he ISN'T with Harden on the court.

Nothing more to that.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was one of the people who suggested this over the offseason. Back then I whole-heartedly believed that Lin was better, but that Lin as 6th man would be the better fit. Nowadays I think they are pretty much the same, but still think Lin is the better fit as the 6th man.

Good to hear.

Having two good players at the same position is a good problem to have.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I really hope this works out, and the Rockets keep winning. Otherwise, McHale's experiment without reason but personal opinion/bias, will become the laugh stock of the league, at team's expense.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

8. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Nice writeup, but not dated. How long ago did he copy the handwriting off the wall and onto the internet, just waiting for this moment?

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, I think you must really be bored.

10. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

ESPN is trash and so likes to trash Lin at any chance it gets. But in the end both Houston and Lin will be the winners out of this move. Houston will blow out more teams by having two great playmakers (harden, Lin) taking turn to hammer the opponents with no let down, and Jeremy's personality is such that if the pressure is not on him, he excels. So watch out for Lin to go back to Linsanity mode with the 2nd unit. If McHale gives Lin enough minutes, Lin can easily win the 6th Man and perhaps be an all-star like Manu did.

11. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Fixed your post

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

perfectly makes sense to credit the offensive success to coach and playerS

but it would be incosistent to blame the coach alone for offensive failures

13. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Exactly. Huge mistake by Lin and his Agent.

14. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Good point. I'll stop now.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Don't worry, I unfixed it for you.

16. itstheyear3030

If this is really about maximizing each player's strength, why couldn't Lin just start, get pulled early in the 1st, get out with the second unit, and so forth? That way everyone is happy and there will be less media/locker room drama. Clearly there's something else going on. Lin better play his heart out and hope some team gets desperate in the upcoming months...

17. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Nonsense. Mchale is just trying to maximize Harden's effectiveness (it has nothing to do with Lin or Beverley this is all about James Harden) and just like in the playoff series against a team without their second best player he's going to learn the hard way that Harden isn't who they think he is.

18. J Hard

J Hard Member

Is that a slight?

Every shooting guard needs the ball in their hands to be effective. Hence the label 'shooting guard'. Not to mention the best one in the game this side of D Wade.

19. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

You may be surprised that a lot of Lin fans like this move. Lin can play equal amount of minutes but now he can be his own man to run the offense with the ball in his hand. If he goes back anywhere near Linsanity as the 6th man, Lakers will be all over Lin in 2 years and the Rockets can't compete for his service with already 2 superstars and Parson going for big contract. Lin fans like him to go to the Lakers because by then Kobe will be too old to run the show and Nash will be gone and Lin will have another stage like NY Linsanity days.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Wow wishing the Rockets to fail because this LOF is butthurt.Disgracefull idiot.