1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets Playbook: The Primary Baseline Out of Bounds Set

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Oct 30, 2013.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

This. We need more of this. Repped.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Yep, it was after a time out. Bill & Bull were talking about how McHale had to have drawn that up during the time out after it worked out so nicely. Thanks for the follow up!

3. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Nooooo stop giving away our secrets!!!!!

In all seriousness though, great post and article. This is a great play with tons of options.

4. JBar

JBar Rookie

Would rep if I could. Would love more threads like this.

5. rawool

rawool Member

They just ran this play!

6. furyn

furyn Member

excellent post. Thanks!

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Bravo! Well done.

Glad to see these high quality posts now part of the blog.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I learn so much from HMMHMMM

9. moose

moose Member

We need more threads like this. After seeing this play a few times today, I feel like I can learn a lot abt basketball from one threads like this. I'm a coach junkie like a lot of yall.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

11. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Whenever I read Zach Lowe/SB Nation articles I always wish they would break down the Rockets more. Now it looks like I won't have to worry about that anymore!

Man with all of these articles and podcasts and now these analyses, Clutchfans is really something special.

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah as soon as I saw them line up for this play last night I was like "hey it's the play!"

Unfortunately, it wasn't as successful as the ones he posted. Chandler doesn't seem to have the same ability to read the defense coming off the screen with perfect timing that James does.

13. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

good one repped.
    almost as good as BBallbreakdown on youtube, if rox got a similar one dedicated on rox games and edit those analysis into the video it would be terrific.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks for making and posting this Mr. Jonas!

It's a breath of fresh air considering all the redundant bickering that has overtaken the GARM!
    I actually feel smarter now...;)

15. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

i remember seeing this in the first half, i gave the play by play to my girlfriend and she thought i was a soothsayer.. thanks OP!

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Damn, do you coach a team or something, that was crazy insightful

17. jocar

jocar Member

-Chandler can earn a living off of his cuts, alone (and he should spread some knowledge to the rest)
    -Harden is one sick passer
    -Mchale and Sampson run no plays. All success is due to the Borg and/or team's psychic abilities
    -Love these threads, HMMM

18. walangjo

walangjo Member

Cool to actually see it used in our first game ending in a Harden jumper. Just a little bit stepping on the 3 point line.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

HMMMHMM,

Please notice the correct number of M's. Moving on. I loved the breakdown and have a follow-up question. I really like to see this play when the easy option works. My question is whether or not a second easy option may be available in the play. I drew out my scenario to be clear about what I'm asking, but what I'm wondering is if this play could have an alley-oop option using that "easy" first option as the person who sets it up.

Drawing:

[​IMG]

The option currently has the PG furthest from the inbound location showing for the ball. I'm curious if they could pick the opposite way and get an easy alley-oop. (I realize that probably means the PG would be going up for the oop, so who fills in each x may have to change.)

The question(s): Is there any reason that this won't work? Have they already implemented this option?

20. Jimes

Jimes Member

I also love these posts and pointed out to my friend while they were running it that I saw this very play on Clutchfans that morning. He was confused.