1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets new slogan continues Red theme (UPDATE: Billboard artwork)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

i like it...not the most clever but i like it

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/we_are_red_nation_2009_09_23.html

Ahem, Bill of Red:

We the people of RED Nation, in order to form a more perfect fandom, establish domination and dominion over all the land, provide for a suffocating defense, and secure the blessings of an awe-inspiring and intimidating homecourt advantage, do hereby ordain and establish this Bill of RED – a document passed down from on high and now ratified by the House of REDpresentatives.

We the co-signed, united by passion and bound by belief, pledge allegiance to the following code of conduct:

1. Right to wear RED
    RED is our color. It unites us, defines us and binds us together as bearers of the sacred flame of Rockets fandom. RED is the symbol of our passion and, as such, must be worn whenever possible and ALWAYS on game day.

2. Right to arrive early and stay late
    Attending Rockets games is a privilege not a right and we vow to honor that privilege by passionately cheering our team from the opening tip to the final buzzer. Those who take the opposite approach (arrive late and leave early) forfeit the right to complain when showered with scorn and ridicule.

3. Right to free speech/freedom of expression (In other words: the right to get rowdy and be LOUD!)
    This is not limited to hooting/hollering, screaming at the top of our lungs, chanting along with the Red Rowdies, high-fiving/hugging fans around us, or starting the wave! Screaming clever quips at the opponent and imploring fellow fans of RED NATION to do the same are encouraged. Style points awarded for creativity and anything mercilessly mocking all players named Kobe, Dirk or Mehmet.

4. Right to spread the RED
    Not everyone is born into RED NATION. Therefore it is our responsibility as true believers to spread the gospel to those poor, unfortunate Rockets-less souls so they might join the movement and be saved by the transcendent power of the greatest team on the planet. This is made possible thanks to…

5. Right to bear arms (laden with Rockets regalia, schedules and memorabilia)
    By proudly displaying our true colors to the world, we are also equipped with the ability to proselytize, educate and inform the uninitiated about the rich tradition of our team and the passionate and dedicated nature of its loyal fanbase. We consider it our sacred duty to let everyone know that 22, 34, 94 and 95 aren’t random numbers – they are divine gifts from the basketball gods.

6. Right to follow closely from afar
    Whether at home or away, the Rockets deserve our unconditional support and we vow to provide it from the front row, the nose bleeds or the edge of our living room couch.

7. Right to ALWAYS believe
    Under absolutely NO circumstances is it ever allowed to give up hope in our team. We are neither blind, delusional nor naive. Rather, we are resolute in our belief that a team and nation founded upon hard work, heart and perseverance will always find a way to prevail come what may.

8. Right to stay true to our team
    RED NATION is not a bandwagon from which to jump on and off. It is a community of believers whose unwavering faith is impervious to the prattle of talk radio. You’re either with us or against us – there is no middle ground. Our arms are open to all but this family is not for the feint of heart – we call those people Mavs fans.

9. Right to embrace new ideas, new perspectives and new technology
    RED NATION is an enlightened community filled with forward-thinking, open-minded citizens dedicated to the discovery of a better way of life, both for our team and its fans. Therefore we will leave no stone unturned and no technology (Statistical analysis, social networking, advanced scouting methods and more) unused in our effort to usher in a second golden age. Let the message be heard throughout Facebook and Twitter: The Rockets’ red glare is illuminating the world.

10. Right to dream BIG
    Our NATION knows no limits. The word ‘impossible’ is not in our vocabulary. Through the collective power of our imagination and sheer force of will we shall stride confidently down the path toward greatness, while savoring every single step along the way.

This Bill is our code, our foundation, our mantra. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all the men and women of RED NATION are endowed with certain unalienable Rights; that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Championships. The people have spoken. Thus it has been written and thus it shall be done.

We are RED NATION.

3. RedSoxFan

RedSoxFan Member

I love bringing back the retro colors with a bit of a modern look. Very classy - great job by Rox!!! Also - finally have a jersey with Houston on front.

Way to go!!! Let's get the season started!!!! We are RED NATION!!

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Has anyone noticed that they removed The "GET RED" slogan from the official Houston Rockets site......and replaced it with the rockets logo... :cool:

-rocketblaze

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

3. Right to free speech/freedom of expression (In other words: the right to get rowdy and be LOUD!)
    This is not limited to hooting/hollering, screaming at the top of our lungs, chanting along with the Red Rowdies, high-fiving/hugging fans around us, or starting the wave! Screaming clever quips at the opponent and imploring fellow fans of RED NATION to do the same are encouraged. Style points awarded for creativity and anything mercilessly mocking all players named Kobe, Dirk or Mehmet.

Awesome.

Now when anyone looks at me oddly when I yell, or tells me to sit down after a big play, I will pull out my scroll, embedded with THE BILL OF RED, and tell them to suck a fat one.

6. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Hmm, very aggressive marketing by the front office. :D

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It's ok, not all that.

8. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

9. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I felt like puking but after reading that pledge thing it doesn't seem so bad, might actually work somewhat in having a better home court advantage.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

They're not too well red on it

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"Its time to give a damn
    Lets work together come on

People of the world today
    Are we looking for a better way of life
    We are a part of the Red Red Nation.

People of the world unite
    Strength in numbers we can get it right
    One time

We are a part of the Red Red Nation!"

[​IMG]

13. amaru

amaru Member

Keep your politics out of my basketball :mad:

1 person likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They showed a panaromic picture of a Rockets game vs the Lakers from 2004. Then they showed a panoramic picture of the Game six win, and how much more Red it was. It was red, but I saw more empty seats...

Maybe I do drink the Red kool aid, but I am on board. I wish I could find my battery charger for my camera. I would have recorded it.

16. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

Can everybody please STFU about all the Communist references? History has taken its course. What if the Communist colors were blue instead of red? Then we wouldn't have any problem with it. But this has nothing to do with politics or history anyways so it doesn't even matter, this is the Houston Rockets we're talking about!!! Obviously if you have a brain you know we're not trying to be Communist or Russian or whatever the hell people are trying to say. :mad:

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

It's a direct call to the fans...it's unifying...direct...I think it's exactly what a slogan for a sports team needs to be...especially a team with so many question marks, so much upside, but so much room for failure too.

Maybe not quite original, but then were "Believe It" or "Believe It Again"?

18. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Just kidding, Comrade!