1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 18, 2014.

1. baubo

baubo Member

From what I know, NBA is fine with wink wink deals unless you're stupid enough to put it in writing. I can't imagine Morey and Les would be stupid enough to do that. So all these "sources say" is just that. The Rockets would just say clutchfans have BS sources and deny it til end of time. I mean, who can prove otherwise?

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I completely agree here. I'm really hoping that Morey looks like a genius here. As a Rockets fan, theres the emotional hurt of having a rival take a prized role player here. I'm hopeful we make a significant move before opening night.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Something here sounds very ridiculous and nobody can pin point it. Paging Gorox1234

4. torocan

torocan Member

Not even the slightest bit shocked.

After seeing the JR Smith deal, is anyone even remotely surprised?

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

What this thread needs: comments from a bunch of insiders! :grin:

6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

What is the point of Fegan after Dwight chose to come to Houston?

This guy is going to keep throwing wrenches into the Rockets machine.

I hope he loses importance soon and doesn't represent too many NBA players in the future. I hope the Rockets don't have to deal with him much more.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

Might be a dumb question that has already been answered, but, why exactly did Morey need to do this? I know Dwight's agent wanted this to happen, but couldn't have Dwight simply ignored his agent's wishes and just sign with the Rockets without any strings attached?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

So the issue is agreeing to allow CP to become a restricted free agent?
    Whilst it was a risk (and one that backfired) I think most people believed CP deserved more than he was getting and I personally think he deserved more.
    Clearly the risk was realised by Cubans ridiculous offer.
    I actually wonder whether Cuban put in the 15mil offer believing we would match it (in other words trying to impact our ability to bring in another major signing).
    I'm disappointed we lost CP, but I'm glad we didn't match to retain.
    I really think this will impact the Mav's badly in the coming seasons significantly overpaying for CP and impacting their cap space. (I hope anyway!)

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

So much phoniness in this Dan Fegan interview, knowing what we know now from Clutch:

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/shWLJsekNwJu?params=zone%3Drockets&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

11. deshen

deshen Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

Morey wasn't willing to take that risk.

Make no mistake about it, agents carry a lot of influence on their clients. Had Morey dug his heels in, it is quite possible Howard would be elsewhere.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Keep in mind that Dan Fegan has a lot of pull in the NBA and represents a lot of players.

He probably asked Morey to do this in a "wink wink".

Morey had no option. Else he would jeopardize any chance he had of attaining the players represented by Fegan. I doubt Morey wants to take that risk over a role player like Parsons.

14. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

we were a desperate miami away from it all falling together.

you take calculated risks and this was one of them, it didn't pay off.

life goes on.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I know I posted that I was hearing from family in the Rockets organization that part of the Howard deal was Parsons getting out of his contract early. It wasn't really a secret, Parsons didn't hide he was getting out early. I believe I even posted about it after the Howard signing.

Glad to hear it from Clutch, a very honest and conservative guy, he isn't going to post it without a real likelihood of truth.

It also makes perfect sense. For, as big a gambler as Morey is, he ultimately relies on Spock logic and is very consistent in that way. Morey also has no issues running his mouth to the media and is very truthful to a fault. He didn't discuss the Parsons deal much.

I think it was the right move.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Yup no different than going all in on a full house and losing. You are mad you lost but know you would do the same thing every damn time.

On a side note, how are you all handling the ISIS situation over there?

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

The thing that pissed me off the most was the photo's with CP and Cuban on social media in Orlando at the time of the offer, out together partying/celebrating.
    I just found that disrespectful. It's not like CP wasn't aware of the rivalry - regardless whether the offer was matched or not.

1 person likes this.
  19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

the media is really blowing it up atm, was rediculous last night with broadcasting going from "Should australians be scared? Or terrified?" to "And now hundred are queing for the iphone 6" LOL

it is a bit concerning though, and frankly quite disgusting for some of the muslim leaders to suggest they're being vilified.

'The raids foiled a plot involving a man believed to be Australia's most senior Islamic State member who called contacts in Australia and asked them to carry out a campaign of random public beheadings in Sydney and Brisbane, the ABC understands.'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-18/authorities-thwart-beheading-plot-in-australias-biggest-raid/5754276

20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Wasn't one of the guys arrested an actor in Underbelly?
    Pretty scary stuff. My sister works for emergency services (000) and they now have guards at the front doors for added security.