1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets Fans Can Give Thanks For The Things That Went Wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think that's crazy. He's an excellent GM.

3. deshen

deshen Member

LOL, your Morey fans are the cutest one.

4. conquistador#11

average? you guys are on crack.
    he is like the golden goose or that dude who had that chick who could spin straw into gold. During the draft last year, 2012, the same national idiots and some local ones were ridiculing Daryl for not getting Howard. Now that he got him, same idiots are trying to make it look like a bad acquisition. He is the second best Gm in the league now after Buford.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I read this in the Luigi voice.

[​IMG]

6. solo241

solo241 Member

To each his or her own. However, I would venture to guess that close to half the teams in NBA would love to have DM has their GM, making him better than just average.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You really don't have to be a "Morey fan" to see what he's done over the past 5 year span....

If you don't then you're just being a "Morey hater", which is most likely what you are.

So basically, who cares what you think.

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Hold on. This guy just said that Morey was just an average GM?

lulz

9. deshen

deshen Member

Booo. Without the blocked trade by Stern, every Morey fan here would have been crying on how to get rid of Gasol in the last two years.

How many of you Morey fans complained on the failure of that trade back then?

You guys have no idea how luck this club is.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

y so ungrateful

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/07/08/morning-tip-dwight-howard-signs-with-rockets-fallout-for-nba-brad-stevens-feature/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

A nice little story of how things could've gone had that trade gone through. Spoiler: Howard plays for us one season and bolts for LA to play with CP3 and Kobe ;)

Also nice video of what Howard will do for this young team and they feel he will make everybody better. Look at what he did in 08-09 with that team full of shooters and we have James Harden. They mention Garcia & Casspi as well :)

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

There is something to be said about perseverance! Morey kept going after the stars like
    " Thomas the Train"....his motto was "I think I can, I think I can" and he eventually did!
    Stern was just a footnote in the journey!!

Moral of the story " YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK!!!"

13. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Tell me another GM that has done what he has done under the same circumstances? Granted he hasn't won anything yet but he went from mediocrity to putting us in position to be in the title picture WITHOUT tanking...who else has done that?

14. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

The luckiest thing that happened was the CP3 trade not going through

15. ebu

ebu Member

We credit Morey, but we should really be thanking....

David Stern!!

If Stern never vetoed that Chris Paul to LA trade,
    we would of ended up with Pau Gasol and neither
    Harden nor Dwight would of been possible.

I can't imagine what this team would of looked like if Gasol would
    have got traded here.

Sidenote: I went to the Rockets/Magic game last year in Orlando and I'm betting the atmosphere will be a lot different this year lol
    the boo birds will be out!

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The following threads need to be created in the GARM:

"A Weasel David Stern 'Basketball Reasons' Appreciation Thread" for vetoing that trade.

"A Golden State Warriors Appreciation Thread" for not trading Klay Thompson for Harden.

"A Washington Wizards Appreciation Thread" for not trading Bradley Beal for Harden.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Kwame makes a great point.

Also:

-Thanks Dan Gilbert for not giving up JJ Hickson to get Amare Stoudemire sending Lebron to the Heat in free agency.
    -Thanks to Tractor Traylor for securing the rights to Dirk.
    -Thanks to the Bobcats for trading Kobe Bryant for Divac.
    -Thanks to the Clippers for picking Oliwakandi over Paul Pierce
    -Thanks to every team in the NBA for not drafting Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili in front of the Spurs
    -Thanks to Detroit for drafting Darko instead of Dwayne Wade
    -Thanks to Kobe Bryant for creating chemistry problems allowing the Lakers to crumble and grant the Pistons the title.
    -A special thanks to Portland for drafting Bowie over Jordan.

That should pretty much cover every champion for the past 15 years.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Thanks! If you can't see how much luck and fortune were involved then you're blind to the facts. After all the title of the article written and thread created both by Clutch are "Rockets Fans Can Give Thanks For The Things That Went Wrong."

I would also caution you to not believe everything Maury says. After all this is the same guy who told Chris Bosh to his face that if he teamed up with Lebron and D-Wade they'd only win 45 games a season. Here we are 3 years later with Miami having made 3 Finals appearances in a row while winning back-to-back championships and being favored to win a third straight title.

19. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I think every real Rockets fan should be thanking Stern in his arrogance for vetoing that trade. I felt that we were giving up a WAYYYYYYYYY too much and only getting Gasol in return. The package we were sending to New Orleans should have netted us one of the stars in that deal, DH12 or CP3, not Gasol, and only Gasol. He just wasn't worth it, then and especially having seen his decline since the cancelled trade.

20. newAge_Rockets

Stern: Haha, I will ruin the rockets future and forever lock them in mediocrity!

After the Harden trade, Howard signing

Stern: Oh Crap!!!!