1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Red Rowdy Game Rituals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Feb 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

Only thing that bothers me about the Rowdies is when they chant "Rowdies." No one is there to cheer for you it should be about the Rockets 100% of the time

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I have my own Romp. I romp around looking for hot chicks. And lately, I've been tailgating. Okay, I only did it once, but it was pretty damn awesome.

3. MONON

MONON Member

Great insight into the Rowdies for those of us that can only watch on TV. Thanks RG.

4. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Don't forget to mention your watching girls change from your car :p

5. AggieRocketsFan

How about a "We want Melo" chant? ;)

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

lol. Haven't done that since last season. :)

Everything is cool. Haven't seen any unsuspecting ladies putting on suits.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Great blog RG!

Keep up the good work with the Rowdies.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bump.

Gotta study up on some of the rituals ;). My friend bought me a ticket to the Dallas game in the rowdies section and she said she doesn't want to look dumb not knowing any of the chants. Anyone else going to be there?

9. DreamRoxCoogFan

something I've always wanted to try- long white strips of paper lengthwise down the aisle on multiple rows and everyone moving them around behind the backboard. I remember watching some sports special where an athlete talked about how that was the only time it messed with his shot because it was hard for him to tell where the box on the backboard was. Probably not the most kosher thing to do, but I'd get a laugh out of it.

10. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Cool! Don't be afraid to say hello if you see me. If you want to get the full Red Rowdy experience, join us for the pre-game romp at 6:30!

New ritual this year is everyone in the section throws a bunch of confetti up after the Rockets first basket. Make sure you grab a handful from the box passed around pre-game.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Awesome. We're going to face paint and dress up, so I hope we don't bring ya'll down.