1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Recap: Something to Remember: Rockets stun Thunder in Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

LMAO

I shudder to think what would've happened had the OKC fans learned they an enemy agent in their midst after this loss. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Enjoyed the read this AM.

3. Reach

Reach Member

[​IMG]

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

clutch, you weren't wearing any rockets paraphernalia on the road at the game??? :confused:

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Best quote of a good article. I wouldn't have had the heart or (depending on the size of the Okie fan) courage to admit that I was in enemy territory either. I'd feel like getting out of that arena in Rockets red, after that loss, would be like the old Warriors movie.

6. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

You're more diplomatic than I. I would've given that fan what-for!

7. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Wow, that is a good writing.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

enjoyed the read, well done!

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DId the Thunder fans at the game know what a dumb-ass idea the Hack-Asik was when they started doing it, or after it kept not working for 2 full minutes?

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That'd be a tad gauche for a respected member of the media like Clutch, who's getting locker room/press conference access. Got to keep it professional. No cheering in the press box! :cool:

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

That was my thought as well... When I lived in LA, I'd wear my Rockets gear to games when they were in town...and my Titans attire has been to games in San Diego, Arizona and Pittsburg.... gotta represent... ;)
    Solid well written article though. :)

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

But you're not a member of the media like Clutch. Plus....Titans fan. Bleh.

13. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Did you take Whites motor home for the trip? He's not using it now.:grin:

14. basketballholic

If we lose tomorrow night I am still happy with the way the season went. The season was interesting and fun, not the doldrums of watching a lottery team, and our future is bright.

We've got a great core of good guys that love ballin and are dedicated to their craft, gym rats that want to get better and win it all and not a bad contract in the bunch (even Royce is an expiring deal next season). And we've got one superstar that fits right in with them.

We've also got plenty of cap room and options to acquire the next one. So the off season will be interesting and fun also.

15. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Very well-written article, Clutch!

You absolutely summarized the significance of the two wins for DH and other free agents sitting at home thinking "I could have done this and that for that young team!"

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The important factor from series is that the Rockets are one player away from being at OKC's level.

17. HookemHorns1250

Extremely well written article.

Much better than half the things I read.

Loved two things the most....the elevator 'bit obviously. Then, Parsons - "We always believed, y'all were the ones that didn't." Love it.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

this win is way beyond any word you can find in the dictionary. i don't have any clue to write anything to really express my feeling. this will be the only post from me on the last night game. i am looking for the next game.

GO ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. hopn

hopn Member

I'll echo was is already said, good writing. Thanks for the great breakdown.

20. steady

steady Member

Clutch, thanks for this article! and for all that you do for this board. I love the Rockets, and having this site has made following them so much more fun.

Here is some ESPN love for the Rockets. Go Rockets!

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9234372/james-harden-houston-rockets-roll-game-5

Small excerpt:
    The Houston Rockets then comfortably took care of the rest, rolling on from that seemingly harmless first-quarter juncture all the way to a 107-100 victory over the Westbrook-less Oklahoma City Thunder that suddenly makes the historically impossible seem feasible.

Never before has an NBA team rallied from 3-0 down to win a best-of-seven series. These Rockets, though, are halfway there now and fully oozing momentum after James Harden looked near-flawless in spite of the flu … and after Omer Asik answered a flurry of intentional fouls in the fourth quarter by sinking 11 decisive free throws … and after Patrick Beverley refused to flinch even a little in his 39 gritty minutes in the face of the hostile reception everyone knew he'd be getting.