1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential trade targets include Nene, Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Thats more hindsight than anything else.

Had they gotten Amare or Bosh last offseason (or at the previous deadline) they would have been moving in another direction by now.

Had Yao been able to come back and contribute , the direction would be different again.

If they can aquire a star between now and then , the situation changes.

They have kept their options open about as well as can be expected considering whats happened to this roster in the past two+ seasons. And they have managed to remain competetive in the process while gathering an impressive amount of tradable assets.

The plan was never just 2012 but any opportunity to get better from the time they realized Yao and McGrady were done as a duo. They have tried to aquire stars since but it takes two to tango .....

I get the feeling that they need to move now if at all possible because of the un-certainty that is the next CBA. It could severely restrict the movement of top tier talents if teams are given what equates to the NFL's "Franchise Tag".

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

bad..!

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I agree and realize that. I just have figured that for a long time now many of the things some people say on clutchfans is from personal knowledge here. Closeness to the organization and from agenda based within the close circle of the Rockets. My posts merely reflect sometimes my own agenda by the way i word them to goad some reactions to movement or conversation towards trades for upgrades and player movement to quicken. Especially for the players I favor. Even to gain knowledge of what is the thinking of the organization based on reactions and answers to my posts. So not all of my posts are made to make a point than rather to learn a goal of theirs or to get a reaction or feel of where things are within our fanbase and within those close to knowledge of the organization. Its better and quicker than waiting around to have someone else ask the question or pose the scenario for you to learn something you wnat to know. So I just throw things out there and see what sticks and who makes the responses that count to add to my knowledge of the situation sometimes. :)

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I like Monroe too, but a good friend of mine in Detroit is constantly talking about how Monroe is so soft it's difficult to even appreciate his strengths. He definitely watches every Pistons game so I'm going to assume he knows what he's talking about.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Worse than terrible. I can't even fathom that team ever even coming close to making the playoffs, much less contending.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Naw, i'm sure Morey could pull it off if, it were possible. I was just expecting an actual rumor.

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

Kyrie Irving, Kevin Martin, Danny Granger, Chuck Hayes, and Nene. Ummm-umm-ummm!

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not if they were coming off the bench. ;)

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Me too. That more of my ribbing of Morey. its kind like an I dare you to to him. :grin:

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

to go through all these horrible seasons, with only nene or granger as the reward to show for it in the end - would be most underwhelming.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Supposing we somehow miracle those two. Is Lee, Bud, Hill, Jeffries, Miller, Yao, picks enough to get it done?

Is the following a contender?

Lowry
    Martin
    Granger
    Scola
    Nene

I am not so sure

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Respectfully, what would you consider to be a suitable alternative?

13. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Just say no to Granger.

He's injury prone, and he has a bloated contract left.

Paying Lowry, Scola, Granger and Kev-Mart for the next 3 years together will get us nowhere

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I am.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

of the two, i'd take granger, who i think is more of an all-star than Nene. I look at Nene and Gortat as pretty equal value at this point. I also think taking a run at Perkins would fill our void at the 5. Granger is by far the most special and we need a 3 badly. I think he'd be our best player, but at 28, this wont work if we have to give up other core pieces like Martin or Scola.

A Perkins, Scola, Granger, Martin, Lowry starting 5 is really good.
    A Gortat, Scola, Granger, Martin, Lowry starting 5 is also really good.

but if we're just swapping out scola for granger or martin for granger, i don't see how it makes the team a lot better.

in Morey we trust

16. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

AB + Hill for Nene?

That's pretty fair, right?

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yao and Brooks to the desert for Nash, Gortat, and Childress.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Still going to be lackluster defensively.

Id almost look to trade Scola and just start Hayes.

Scola/Budinger for Granger.

Yao for Nene/Harrington.

Lowry / (who knows)
    Martin / Lee
    Granger / Battier / Harrington
    Hayes / Patterson
    Nene / Hill

I don't know. It could work I guess.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my thought is that we would have been better off tanking the past 2 seasons and rolling with high draft picks. clutch's article states that we inquired about greg monroe. well we could have easily drafted him ourselves in the above scenario. instead we strived to get the 8th playoff spot in the west, and still failed even at that. this year, we play brooks through weeks and weeks of 2-13 type games in the hopes that he will get hot and help us make another 8th playoff spot run. my thought is i'd rather develop twill in that rotation spot and then reap the benefit of a high draft pick come june.

the whole point being that, the 8th playoff spot and nene and granger all have one thing in common for this organization: mediocrity

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Holy hell. Robert Sarver would have to start living in a bunker after this one. His piece-by-piece demolition of those SSOL Suns teams is one thing, this could start a riot. ;)