1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: LeBron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's interesting, because the "Houston is just a first round team" gets replaced by "he joined a loaded team", it can't work both ways, which really means one of them is complete bull****.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I believe LeBron will string us all along for a while, playing the field. He will seriously consider Houston but stay in Miami.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/statuses/479658496133451777">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Skip needs to stfu he better not ruin this for us

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I expect something like this to happen which is why I think they should reach out to Melo and make it clear to him that he is priority #1 (if Morey really wants him that is.)

I could be wrong obviously, but I'd hate for us to be left without a chair when the music stops.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Simmons has never had a clue. He used to be the funny guy but now he's just the moderate Skip Bayless.

6. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Anyone think Pat Riley's comments will affect LeBrons decision?

Riley on potential break up of Big 3: "You've got to stay together if you've got the guts" "You don't find the first door and run out of it"

As for me personally, that would kinda bother me. Kinda like "shut your mouth and let me make my own decision" :rolleyes:

Seems like he's already attacking his players without them actually already commenting that they're seriously thinking about leaving.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

funny cause i feel the complete opposite... if we don't get Lebron id rather stand pat. I dont believe that Melo is worth the commitment that his contract will demand, he's already 30 and he won't be worth $20 million in 2-3 years if he is even worth that now. and I don't want an Amare Stoudamire situation here, where he is great for a year but then is a complete scrub the rest of his contract.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Awe he doesn't want to get the Cleveland treatment... how cute!

1 person likes this.
  9. DunKingDanny

If LeBron decides to leave I would love for the first person that has the ability to ask Riley a question, would ask "How you feel? You feel hurt?" LOL! :grin:

10. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I love this board and would love for lebron to come here.. But this site would be chaotic if lebron signed here. Lebron is my favorite player by the way

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Morey's pitch to LeBron. "Remember what Pat Riley told you 4 years ago? You can have that all over again."

[​IMG]

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, "You can have what you had in Miami, only a much better and younger version of it."

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Too bad our bench sucks just like the one in Miami did.
    Once we lose Lin and Asik what do we have?

Canaan-Garcia-Casspi/Covington-Dmo-Powell?
    That might be the worst bench in history.

I'm clamoring for LeBron or Melo to join, but I hope Morey can somehow magically turn that bench into something that is not ****.

14. justtxyank

The bench is certainly not a strength.

However, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th best players on the Rockets hypothetical team with Lebron would be better than the corresponding Heat players for sure. If they are able to add anyone else to the roster they'd have a better bench.

What if Ray Allen or Chris Anderson wants to follow Lebron to Houston? Plus, if you play Lebron or Chandler at the 4, you have Jones on the bench as your backup 4. Not terrible.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The funny thing is that once you build a "big 3" guys tend to want to join it. Also, I don't think anyone doubts Morey's ability to find complementary players. You put Howard, Harden, and Lebron on one team, you are all but guaranteed to win multiple championships.

16. DunKingDanny

I agree with you completely..But I honestly think once we get someone like Carmelo or Lebron it'll make it that much easier to sign some nice free agent role players on the cheap to give them a shot at getting a ring..

17. justtxyank

I think the ring chasers idea is overplayed. Not many guys really take the minimum to ring chase outside of old washed up guys who are looking for limited roles anyway.

Ray Allen didn't take the minimum.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They don't have to take the minimum.

19. justtxyank

They do if we are forced to sign Lebron with capspace.

Riley has indicated that there are no sign and trades to be had. Now whether he holds to that is a different story, but if the Big 3 are breaking up I'm not sure why he'd be interested in Asik.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not just talking about one year though. Sure signing Lebron with capspace would limit what else we could do in FA THIS year, but we'd be going into next season with a starting lineup of

Howard
    Lebron
    Parsons
    Harden
    Beverley