1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: LeBron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 17, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dreaming :)

[​IMG]

#201 J.R., Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Add Melo subtract Harden. Now that I like. Melo is one of the best catch and shooters in the game

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

"What a great idea! Let's tank the season less than 15 games into it for an inknown commodity! Not smart." Lol, any old-timers remember this??

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Doing that does nothing but make the team older and less talented.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

and Harden is one of the best pull up shooters in the game

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Just Quietly, is Harden cool with being the 3rd most Marketable guy on an NBA team again?

assuming we get one of
    - LBJ
    - Melo

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well Harden is better and more marketable than Melo so it wouldn't be a problem with him around and he was with 2 other superstars in OKC and it wasn't a problem.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I swear man! If this happens I can't come close to predicting what I'll do... I'm a young guy with most of my accomplishments still in front of me... So it's safe to say it would be the happiest day of my life!

9. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Just the fact that the Rockets are finally in the conversation for these Elite players, make me

We went from Martin/Scola/Lowry to Harden/Howard and now possibly adding Lebron/Melo/Love etc...

I can't wait for July.

10. theangrycanary

if lebron joined the rockets the rockets would be one of the most hyped teams ever. Even more than the lakers from a couple years ago.

And that's dangerous.

If a team with Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones, Lebron James, James Harden, and Patrick Beverley didn't win a championship... it would destroy Lebron's reputation forever. More so than him losing this year. And that pressure is going to get to him. Messing up his legacy could cost him zillions in the future. In fact, he might even pull a Jordan and retire for a year or something rather than joining another team.

That way he could lay low for a year, let the Miami Heat kind of disintegrate on its own, and then he could come back refreshed and play for a new team, and it would be less him leaving Miami, then a kind of natural process.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

beautiful artwork, JR.

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

In all honesty Harden is way more marketable than Dwight and Melo... the beard itself is more marketable than them.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he'll get free lessons if he joins

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KWAYtAzIOjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Bill Simmons' new article details Lebron's options this summer, and states that the best situation for him is the Clippers "BY FAR." He doesn't put odds on Houston saying "Lebron would look like a sellout" going here. But he wouldn't look like one going to LA? Homerism at its best.

Note: I don't think either happen for that very reason...he'll figure out a way to make it work in Miami unless Wade/Bosh simply aren't willing to help.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The more i listen to Bill Simmons the more I'm convinced he has no idea what he's talking about.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

If I'm Lebron James, I'd be thinking that I'd want to be remembered as "the greatest player to have ever played the game".....greater than even MJ. I've stated this desire multiple times in public, so I need to accomplish more so that I can step out of my idol's shadow and solidify this goal. Now would that be a realistic goal since I was only able to win 2 chips largely due to being paired with Wade and Bosh? Now, I could potentially be part of another "big three" in Houston and win more chips, but it would be at the cost of my desire to be known as the greatest player to have ever played the game. I need to be known as a truely dominating force like MJ and be the man so to speak. If I join Houston, I would just end up being one of the greatest.

17. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Sorry T-Jones, we need your number!

18. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

*sigh*

Just no.

Beverley/Harden/Parsons/LeBron/Howard beats anything involving Melo AND LeBron on this team.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'll let you in on something, that should have become obvious by now.

Lebron ignores the media now, and the reason Lebron ignores the media, is because the angst aimed at Lebron is Lebron going to a winning situation. People held onto the Decision for so long, not because it was naive and stupid (which it was) but because Lebron went to a situation that made it incredibly hard for them to win, unless you were a Lebron or Miami fan, the feeling of dread had nothing to do with how he got there.

Lebron selling out, actually means, holy ****, how would we ever beat them? Look at this Clipper roster, Paul, Griffin, Redick (keep in mind that includes no DJ or center at all with a weak defensive pf, that team just isn't that good, The Clippers would have 2 sieves like us, but no clean up crew) and Lebron takes $14m (rofl....) is better than Dwight, Harden, Parsons (no picking up option, yo), Bev at his max (about 20m, his max) and still having a few dollars left to keep Daniels, Canaan (and maybe Jones if he takes a tiny paycut). I honestly would look at that team and have nfi how to beat them except injuries.

#219 Aleron, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  20. meh

meh Contributing Member

If he stays in Miami and never win another title, he'd go down in history as a choker who isn't worth licking Kobe's shoes.

Please, NBA legacy is a counting game. LeBron's championship count of 2 is lame compared compared to the likes of Shaq, Kobe, Duncan... and that's just talking about players in the past decade rather than NBA history.