1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast with Rockets assistant GM Gersson Rosas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Thought his answers to the plan B situation were very interesting. Said something to the effect of we keep a temperature on the league for all trade options. translation: if CP3 and Dwight want to both sign here, we got this.

2. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

3. Fullcourt

1 person likes this.
  4. zzpot

zzpot Member

thanks Dave,

Not only are you getting better, you now have a great pace ( your timing is better ) and a nice calm (Radio quality) voice.

No, your not "Casey Kasem" yet... but your not doing the top 40 countdown either.

needless to say, great job dude.

zzpot

5. basketballholic

LOL. That's terrible.

6. zzpot

zzpot Member

this is a greta Q,,, I was thinking/or understood that he was balling right now??

kind of like a Scola thing.

When do they start?.. I want to see what D-Mo is doing.

zzpot:grin:

7. zzpot

zzpot Member

You know not what you say.

I don't want to call you names so don't make me stoop down to you.

Llull could have come over 2 years ago, but said I will not ever go to the NBA. let me make it clearer. For the last 2 years and even on his draft day Llull has said no thank you.

Is Llull now saying that he will come because Rubio came first and showed him the way??

Are you getting any of this... If Llull comes over it is a slap to his face.. plus he is making great money overseas.

Rubio had to come... He was at the draft.. Llull was not.. Llull is an ass if he says .."now I want to play in the NBA"

If that is the case.. the dude is scum!!!!!!!

8. zzpot

zzpot Member

run the numbers and then you know it will never happen.

D12 can happen but not both.

9. zzpot

zzpot Member

just stop... please... you will know more in 7 to 14 days... right now your just making you that ass of the boards... so stop

10. Fullcourt

Well if we can sign Dwight outright, Lin + Asik = 16.6 mil. Surely we could find a way to unload a little more (or ask the two new superstars to take a pay cut a la Miami).

I agree wholeheartedly that it won't happen, but I'm not so sure it can't happen.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lin won't be traded, his contract is impossible to move. It's probably one of the few things that can be guaranteed in the next couple of months.

Only 2-3 teams need a PG but there are several starter quality PG free agents and several more projected to go in the first round of the draft.

12. zzpot

zzpot Member

Im .. Im sure it can't and ...thank you.

13. zzpot

zzpot Member

another side swipper.. why don't you just go and ask Llull if he will please come over and play??? His answer will be no thank you

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hilarious! So true.:grin: I am referring to the poster who is making these outrageous claims, not you.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

This feels like one of those moments where I need to be savings comments for a future sig...but I'm not vindictive.

Regardless, you'll laugh now and then forget that I said this when/if it happens. I don't care either way...I'm just a fan like everyone else here.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

I can't imagine how Lin's blocking Llul's way. Instead, it's always been money that has blocked his way. The Rockets did not want to monetarily invest so heavily on a player they have no NBA tape on, when they are so focused on clearing room for star players to come here.

If Howard signs here, pushing the Rockets over the cap, then I believe the Rockets will use a large portion of their MLE to sign Llul, paying him at a rate that's similar or higher than what he gets now, which is substantial. And I believe this regardless of Lin traded or not. Playing time is not exactly a big deal, given that the Rockets can play some small-ball(Lin/Beverley, Llul, Harden) and in terms of getting Harden less minutes. However, if Llul comes here and play incredible with ~20mpg as a rookie, then I can see Lin or even Llul getting traded.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets won't have the MLE unless they do a S&T for Howard.

I doubt he's getting the mega bucks in Spain. Seniority plays a part in what they get. Also max style deals in Euroball are like 2-3M. They're not handing out 6 yr deals at those rates.

Then again Morey has already said he's not heading over this year.

18. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

2 podcasts in a row? is this what clutch fans is like in the summer?!

19. basketballholic

I either missed this or forgot it. When did Morey say Llull wasn't coming over for the 13/14 season?

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I meant next year. This year the Rockets basically can do jack squat following the Howard trade, as they only have the room exception available along with possibly a 2nd round pick(which they can only offer the minimum for rather than a Parsons-type contract.