1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: What in the world is wrong with the Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2015.

1. basketballholic

We need the 411 from CyberX on the REAL situation between Howard and Harden.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The lack of communication bw the two tells plenty, especially when that player happens to be your best one that's grown the most BEARD AND EGO under that certain coach.

3. Sanity2disChaos

No quick fixes but a few immediate points that could help.

1) Harden must play defense. He also should attack more and stop taking all these 3pts.

2)Lawson must play like an elite Beverley. Defense ,3pt shooting and penetrate and dish on the closeout and in transition.

3)Howard cannot pick up fouls,get in shape (or he is seriously hurting) and be more disciplined offisensivelly.

4) Get Dmo healthy and back to form THEN trade Jones for a shooter at any position.

5)Better offensive motion, sets and vision

6) If JB can't figure 1-5 out in a few weeks,then we need a new coach.

Short list for what could be more.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Added to the list!

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think the Beard has been pretty consistent :cool:

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I want to give this team two more weeks before coming to a conclusion as to what's really wrong. For now, it appears that in the absence of veteran leadership on this team, it has taken on the personas of both of it's "star" players with decidedly mixed results.

7. Sanity2disChaos

What's funny about the Harden and Kevin thing is you guys act like its easy to speak against the owner and your boss decision! Any body in the room ever went over your boss in a public manner....? I'm just saying...this was something everybody had a part in.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

The funny thing is its been noted that this decision didnt come down to the front office. You're kidding yourself if you don't think harden has an absolute huge voice is decisions when it comes to matters like this. You act like it's abnormal to have your best players not openly show appreciation for coaches when they get fired. The only abnormal thing here is that it didn't actually happen but it doesn't surprise me since harden doesn't care for McHale anyway.

9. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

James has never been a very vocal person, he doesn't say too much to the media. I'm not gonna fault Harden for not being vocal because that's not his personality, he's barely even on social media. I do agree that a simple comment on Mchale's firing should have been made, a simple acknowledgement would have been a nice gesture.

That being said I still think this team will turn it around, rattle off a winning streak and will go into the playoffs as being one of the hottest teams. There's a huge variance in their play on both offense and defense from last season to currently with mostly the same guys which gives me hope that this pitiful performance we've seen so far is a combination of guys not being prepared for training camp, and their historic shooting slump is just an anomaly which they will break out of (As seen in the Knicks game).

Once Dwight is cleared to play back-to-backs which could be as soon as next week, and D-mo returns (hopefully early-mid Dec.) You can bet this team will be much better. Harden has been more focused defensively the past few games (Still pretty bad) but isn't completely embarrassing. Lawson is my only concern, I have no idea why the guy is playing like a scared mouse, he was one of the quickest players in the league getting to the rim with the Nuggets and so far he's hesitating way too much and not playing with his instincts and muscle memory. Rockets are going to make a run pretty soon, I can feel it.

10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Not sure if it has any truth to it but I saw this on reddit :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/rockets/comments/3twjwa/where_did_all_these_howard_and_harden_hates_each/

"I know this may sound stupid, but its true.
    I'm friends with the girl who is seeing Dwight Howard.
    Dwight and Harden work together...that's it. They don't hang out, they don't talk, etc. Harden loves to go out to party, Howard is with family or doing philanthropy. They are different people.
    Howard def called Harden out on his defense, and his effect on the players at practice. Howard wants to be the best and he wants to work on it, but Harden is still a bit stubborn."

"You won't see her in his IG, or any of his photos. She's on the DL. And doesn't even refer to him as her BF.
    I'll tell you this though. The Rockets have a new life coach, and he's like some super Christian, and he's made Dwight go on a 40 day abstinence thing.
    She is PISSED because he won't ****. She's at every home game, some away games.
    So they aren't DATING. She's the ace. She won't get pregnant (doesn't want to). And she's a constant at home **** that's safe. That's how they do it.
    "

11. basketballholic

In 2 weeks, we will likely be 9-12 or 10-11. How does that strike you?

12. malakas

malakas Member

o_O
    If every player is on a 40 days abstinence then we found the reason we play so ****.

13. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

There is nothing wrong with them. They over achieved last season, is under achieved so far this season.

Pus, the Rockets is so heavily rely on ISO offense, it's easier for teams to come up with a plan to stop it.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

This who mess starts with James Harden. He's the leader of this team and it was his attitude this offseason that really started the spiral. If you look at any great players, they continue to work even harder to improve themselves and come back even better the next season, even after winning a championship.

With James Harden, I knew there were a true cause for concern during the summer. You never see James acknowledge how bad he was during the last playoff game where he had 13 turnovers. Any true great players would use that game as a motivation to make sure it will never happen again. But with James harden, he acted as if he just won a championship and that he's such a great player he doesn't need any more improvements.

This summer, I saw a star who was complacent with where he's at. That is the biggest concern I have with James. Because of that, he will only regress from here on out. Steph Curry, as much as I hate that guy and wishes someone just take his knees out, worked his butt off in the off season to be even better. Even after winning a championship, curry continues to work towards greatness and continues to improve until he can no longer.

The rockets have a ton of problems right now and it's start with James Harden. His arrogance and cockiness has destroy this talented team. His defense has regressed because of effort. If the rockets continues to implode, I would consider trading James Harden. As great and talented as James is, he will go down as a great offensive player who doesn't want to play defense and wasted his career away because of cockiness and arrogance. If James harden truly wants to be great, then he would have worked his butt off over the summer and turn his weaknesses into strengths. But that's not the case with James Harden. He wants to be great but doesn't felt the need to work for it.

1 person likes this.
  15. dragon13578

dragon13578 New Member

I agree with a lot of these posts but honestly guys its a long season. We have a lot of glaring issues Harden's defense/leadership being a primary one and Ty getting acclimated being a close second but its still early. DMO coming back will help so will Howard playing more minutes and back to backs (if that ever happens). Give it at least until December before we start the tanking/fire sales talk.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Man, when did Clutchfans become so shameful? Everyone demanding this and that. Trashing our players, our coaches, our GM. One minute their infallible Gods (minus McHale -- he has been trashed here since day 1), the next they are trash. Seriously. Everyone here pretends to know everything, but they don't know jack. It's one thing to offer your opinion, it's another to make declarations and "I told you so"

The season barely started and everyone thinks the sky is falling. CALM THE F DOWN!!! /rant

1 person likes this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Good read.

I still hate Morey's attitude on Josh Smith.
    He seems does not care at all, and put all energy on signing with KJ! :mad:

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It's ridiculous that Morey spent a whole summer to made KJ sign a contract , and then sent him to NBDL when regular season started.

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It's ridiculous that Morey spent a whole summer to make KJ sign a contract , and then sent him to NBDL when regular season started.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

BIG MISTAKE. Can we trade Brewer+KJ for Josh Smith now?