1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: What in the world is wrong with the Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2015.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Right now I want to say that Ty Lawson is a big part of the problem. He was supposed to be another scoring option.
    This is why he should always be the main scoring option off the bench. This would allow him to be more like he was in Denver.
    It's like the Josh Smith situation.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I posted this in the Knicks game thread in response to a post by Carl, quoted below. Seemed like a better fit here after I thought about it for a few minutes.

I don't know if a "mutually beneficial trade" can be made, but Morey needs to make a deal to shake up the roster, in my opinion. The Clips might be a possibility, but any deal Morey attempts now comes from a position of weakness. Perhaps the Clippers are in a similar "state" right now, so I can't criticize your post. Heck, I'd welcome a deal with them that's reasonably fair. Teams know we're desperate. Fair deals may be hard to come by, much less those deals that Morey is famous for, the ones that helped give him such a good reputation around the league.

Morey's job is increasingly coming under pressure from, hell, everyone, and for obvious reasons, in my opinion. Don't think the organization is unaware of how things are looked at on this BBS, or that the podcasts from Clutch and company aren't listened to (or read - thanks, J.R.). Season ticket holders have to be royally pissed off by the teams performance, and they pay a "royal" price for those seats, so I wouldn't blame them a bit for getting more than a bit restless. Everyone in the organization, not just Morey, must be looking over their shoulders at Alexander, wondering when he'll completely lose patience with the team's performance and direction. Les is quite capable of blowing things up if he feels the need. I hope he hangs on to Morey, and that Daryl finds a way out of this mess. If he does, it may end up being his greatest accomplishment as GM. Yes, things are that bad.

1 person likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

yes good that you mention it. You would expect Harden to at least thank publicly Mchale for everything he has done since he was his coach all these years. It doesnt' have to a heartfelt interview just a twitter post a mention anything. Pretty alarming and certainly gives pretty big ground to who say that the one who got the coach fired first and foremost was Harden.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if you watched lawson with denver, he was always looking for the pass first. he needs finishers around him in order to create space for him to drive into the paint himself. so playing him w/ our terrible bench players is not going to get him going, imo. he needs dwight inside and ariza on the wing

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yes I'm sure it was only James Harden who was trying to get the coach fired. The entire team was and still is coasting. To the point about Harden not commenting on Mchales firing.. Has anyone besides Brewer and Dwigt even said anything? It's not like Dwights was heart felt either.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Coaching

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

TJ, Marcus and Jet all commented as well, IIRC. I believe a couple of media members said they were waiting to speak w/ Harden but he never gave a specific comment at the time the others did.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not about being heart felt at all. It's just acknowledging if you really had respect or even appreciated him as a coach or even man for that matter. As a supposed "leader" a simple thank you would have been significant if he really meant it. After all Harden did have his best seasons of his career thus far under McHale. There's no doubt Harden had the biggest voice in the firing of McHale.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I don't care if it's heart felt. Just a simple comment like almost every star makes about their coach who gets fired (unless they get him fired themselves that is). "Thanx for everything. I learned a lot from you. You are a great person. blah blah blah ". Simple PR stuff.
    Not only is Harden the captain of the team and the franchise player but he's also one of the few guys who have been with Mchale the longest.
    If you dont' think that's strange then I dont' know what to tell you.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm not buying it. If Hardens intentions were to get Mchale fired he would be playing with a lot more effort and urgency right now. He's still playing the exact same way. Don't confuse being extremely lazy with a plan to get your HC fired.

11. malakas

malakas Member

I think Harden is showing much more effort. And I don't say this now in this argument I also said it in the game thread. He grabs more defensive rebounds and he tries to do something defensively. Still a bellow average defender but not the shameful thing we witnessed before.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

his on court play has nothing to do with it. I don't know why you don't want to believe it. Pretty clear to me. Harden's 100% lack of show of support of McHale should tell you everything. If you dont want to believe it, that's on you but it's without a doubt very strange. For me, that shows a ton about how Harden felt about McHale, especially after going through so much all these years.

1 person likes this.
  13. beardsanity713

Well put

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We need the 411 from CyberX on the REAL situation between McHale and Harden.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey had to choose between Brewer+KJ or Smith on his own. Smith wanted most of the MLE.

Brewer+KJ gives better trade assets/flexibility.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Looking back at it in not going all in to sign Smith while knowing DMO would be out for an unspecified amount of time and with Howard playing only one game off back to backs makes you kind of question who's decision it was to fade resigning Smith.

17. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

様々な兆しは、ハーデンはあまりに利己的な選手は、リーダーの気質を備えないと心が、なかなか完成優勝大願より、このお得な時、取引して、建設、ハワードを中心とした

18. daernoth

daernoth Member

This podcast didn't depress or worry me since its all the same kind of speculation that's been going thru my head already. Wish we could get some really solid insider info on what's going on.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Our hope was Lawson would transform Ariza back into Wizards Ariza shooting 40% from three on dishes from Wall.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

some of us don't. The lack of communication bw the two tells plenty, especially when that player happens to be your best one that's grown the most under that certain coach.