1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast - The James Harden Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

But... Bimathug, Jeremy is a real boy, not an artificial human.

[​IMG]

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bima,

becareful if you venture out in the GARM and make comments about Dragic or Lowry.

3. MKL

MKL Member

Like I said, why bring up the Lin/Lowry/Dragic comparison anyway? You're poking the bear, shaking the hornets nest. It's unnecessary drama. Any one with foresight can tell you this. Go read any Knicks forum, you haven't seen anything yet.

I pity you.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

MKL,

these guys BimaThug and Clutch are the most respected members of Clutchfans. Clutch started this whole place. I believe they can talk about anything they want. Their podcast was intended for Rockets fans.

5. awarde2

awarde2 Member

Touche...excellent statement.....;)

6. awarde2

awarde2 Member

Very childish.....:rolleyes:

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Excellent job, Clutch and Bima, as usual. Wow, I can't wait for the next podcast! After tonight, you guys have one game to analyse, but good lord, what a game, and what a performance by James Harden, along with Jeremy Lin. The 2 of them on the court together were just killing Detroit. Yes, it was Detroit, but it was in Detroit, with Lin and Harden having, what, 2 practices together? Simply amazing. Add Asik, and I'm more excited about the team than I've been in years. The rebuild has been jump started by Morey, who deserves whatever praise comes his way for getting those 3 during one off-season. Can Harden and Lin keep this up with what I saw backing them up tonight? Will the minutes get to them? Thank goodness, they aren't rookies, but they are going to play as many minutes as McHale thinks he can squeeze out of them, understandably.

You point out that Morey wants to get another star. As surprising as he's been since becoming GM, there's no way of predicting when he may grab one, although Bima makes the strong point that we'll have the cap room (if we want it) this summer to make a move, if a target becomes available. We won't need a starter in the backcourt, obviously, and Parsons has the 3 covered with his solid play (and I hope an improving shot), so you think we'd be looking to get a star 4. That, and bench depth. It'll be a trip if Morey doesn't wait, but makes another surprising move by the deadline. He might if Harden, Lin, and Asik elevate the team to being in serious playoff contention for that 7th or 8th spot. The playoffs looked unlikely before the trade. Heck, unlikely before tonight. If we're lucky with injuries, which would be a nice change, I think the playoffs are at least a 50-50 possibility, and what a change that is. Exciting times are back for the Rockets!

Loved the story where you mentioned Reservoir Dogs. Great visuals! :-D-

(are we going to have to deal with Lin Idiots this year? you'd think we'd be due a break from that noise!)

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe you're new here, but the Lin/Lowry/Dragic comparison was a major storyline all of last season. And it will continue to be so. Not sure why having that discussion should be considered shaking a hornets nest. Lin is well-liked by Rockets fans, but many of us believe that he still has to earn that big contract we gave him and prove to us that it wasn't a mistake to turn down Dragic.

9. mirus

mirus Member

Exactly.In the end ,whether you praise/bashes/has doubts on him,it's up to the player to perform.if you are a lin fan ,the only thing that will silence the critics is good performance.why dont you all just let him play out? :)
    if there's still unjustified complaints even after consistent good performance,it's time to use ur ignore list.not worth wasting time to defend or such.if he didnt perform well,he has to be criticised.

thanks for making the podcast,bima.
    i agreed to the superstar comment,a bit harsh to some,but he's not a superstar at this point.not many players are,
    and there's no shame owning to such.
    the "artificial " thing is rather due to his popularity .
    and anyway,there's nothing wrong not being a fan/like a player( i know you say you like him).it's just a personal preference.
    been downloading the pod rit now,thanks again XD.

any chance you guys collaborate with friedman?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Durvasa was mentioning why this topic was relevant on on the podcast.
    The topic of Point Guard has been a hot topic for Rockets fans this whole season, it maybe new to you or you may think it's a non topic, but it is a huge topic.

Who's stopping Lin from "playing it out"?

11. MKL

MKL Member

Also, most of the basketball community think Morey is a great GM. Some reason, people here think Morey should be fired.

Considering that you guys got Lin for bag of peanuts (cap space). "Real rocket fans" should be kissing the ground that Lin walks on. You could easily have had Felton as your starting pg. Lin doesn't have anything to prove to you and didn't need to be compared to Lowry and Dragic like you gave them up to acquire Lin.

It was bad blood from the first round when Lin was a Rocket and waived. If you had any sensitivity, you would realize you all are big douches to Lin. I definitely didn't feel a welcome attitude towards Lin reading here. Mpst of you thought Lin was overpaid and crying about Dragic, begging for him to stay.

It's like all the resentment from Yao, Chinese trolls and Dragic abandonment victims just funneled to Lin. I read the Knicks forums and they definitely had a more positive attitude when Lin played well. Because they knew they got something special for very little.

12. mirus

mirus Member

no, what i meant is just ppl need stop defending lin over every little thing,let his performance silence critics ,that's all.
    and just a disclaimer i like lin too.i'm not disagreeing with durvasa anyway.
    and yes , i know it's a large topic here.

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Ignore List updated.

Those who don't like/respect my opinions, please add me to your Ignore List.

Everybody Wins!!!

The End.

14. mirus

mirus Member

did i offend u ur something? sorry if i say something harsh.:)

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

dude, our GM ain't that stupid to get Felton. He and Les will do somthing about Douglas if he continues to stink.

chill out, even Lin enjoys playing here with Harden. Watch basketball as long as the veterans here have before you can earn respect with your comments.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I like Lin also and want to see if he improves. but I've been a Rockets fan for awhile, and contrary to others belief, I do watch the team play even if Hakeem isn't on it.:p

You realize these guys who do the Podcast are responsible for this site right?
    This Lowry/Dragic topic is even more hot because we got Lin now. Most Rockets fans want to hear what they think about it.

I don't know if you know the story, but this whole started because Lowry got hospitalized for a bad infection, then Dragic had to take over full time. So the story was very compelling and was a great one for last season.

These guys played their hearts out for the Rockets and the fans love them. I hope this information helps you in understand why this is a topic.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You did no such thing. In fact, I thought your comments were some of the most cogent in this thread.

(However, they are not the most well-punctuated. :p )

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

True, he doesn't need to prove anything to me, personally. But I do think he needs to prove his worth to the Rockets organization that have given him a contract virtually every other team was unwilling to offer, to all the players around the league that doubt his talents, and to Rockets fans as a whole that were spoiled with generally high quality PG play last year. If I'm reading him correctly, I think he also feels he has a lot to prove to himself. Yao was the same way. That's a mark of a high-character guy, and I'm excited to have him with us.

There's no bad blood whatsoever between Lin and the Rockets organization/fans. That's your imagination.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good grief. This ranks right up there with the stupidest posts I've read in the GARM in weeks. You should be permarookied, in my opinion. Honestly, are you 12 or 13 years old? Incredible. All people like you do here is waste space and time, and not as a continuum. If each one of your brain cells were the size of a basketball, they might fill up a garbage can. In fact, that would be a good place for them.

20. mirus

mirus Member

Yes i know,I understand.i've been missing some good bball action a few years,but as far as what i saw & understand lowry is a blue collar guy,played all his heart out played great D.I ve been planning to catch these games back if i can find them :D.Some of these can be said to dragic.that's why i never criticise any of the fans if they mention dragic and lin.tbh with u as a former suns fan i'm glad dragic is back,but i understand what u guys feel.

it's perhaps what some of the knicks fan felt when the starting pg changes from lin to felton.pri has been good for them but still...