1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth Issues and Trade Possibilities with BimaThug

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Thanks!

I always love your podcasts. Much appreciated.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I definitely enjoyed this podcast but I would have loved to hear you guys go more in depth about trade possibilities. You really only mentioned the possibilities that exist on the Nuggets.

3. seeingred

seeingred Member

"lambs coming to the slaughter" ? oh ye of little faith :grin:

great podcast. careful with the trade speculation though - you might get thrown into the "insider" battle arena, ha

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Thanks for the info. That does change things and seems like it will make it difficult for detroit to trade him. back to the rocket's search, if they are going to be "buying" a player using picks and the TPE, they need a team willing to "sell" talent. this usually excludes teams in the playoff hunt who are trying to win. its too early for some teams to decide which way to go, but as we get closer to the deadline, and teams fall farther away from the 8th spot, more options will open up.

i also don't think DM will use the pellies pick unless its for a borderline allstar type player. otherwise, he'll probably wait until after the draft lotto to see exactly what its value is before deciding what to do with it.

i few names that i think are possibilities to be acquired for our TPE and second round picks:

MORE LIKELY
    corey brewer - reported interest
    brandon bass - reported interest
    alexey shved - sixers will to anything for a pick
    darrell arthur - stretch 4, odd man out
    pablo prigioni - 3&D, heady PG, too old to be in knicks future plans
    andrei kirilenko - nets want to waive him, good defensive 4, maybe we could get a pick w/him?
    dwayne dedmon - big, rebounds well in limited minutes, 3rd stringer could be had for cheap

LONG SHOTS
    trevor booker - would be great but does utah need more picks, or would they rather have his talent?
    sammy dalembert - if he wasn't the only center on the team they might move him for picks.
    tony wroten - price is probably higher than a pair of second rounders
    timofey mozgov - see above
    jj hickson - see above

if you had to guess who's on that 10-12 list, are you thinking some of these names too?

5. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Just listened. Great job Clutch and BimaThug, awesome as always.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9352630&postcount=8

I'm sorry, we didn't dance and sing enough for you?! Well, SOOOOORRY!!!!

Just kidding. We thought of about 10 other trades within two minutes of stopping recording. We can only cover so much. And we didn't plan out the podcast this time. Clutch hit record, and we just started talking.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoy these podcasts. they are 'unbeatable'

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Again, I always love your podcasts! And I would love for you guys to do a part two where you focus more on potential trades! I think we all enjoy your insights into how various players could fit with the Rockets and how the Rockets could feasibly trade for them. Lately I've been so desperate I've been reading the random trade thread.

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Don't forget getting another team in the mix for 3 way trade, so add Milsap and Dragic to the list also

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Great podcast! But how can you not appreciate the defense that D-Mo brings? And Clutch you lumped D-Mo in with Black as perhaps not being a NBA rotation player? WTF was that? Starting his third season, D-Mo is looking like the second coming of Asik, but with a better offensive game. I could show the SportsVU defensive stats, but I am sure you are already familiar with them.

11. Nook

Nook Member

DMO's performance is not rotation quality on an elite team.

12. bmd

bmd Member

jtr has always been infatuated with D-Mo, so his opinion on him should be taken with a grain of salt.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Have you spent time to look at his defense? I have, and it seems of excellent quality. And I am a connoisseur of great defense. I have pined for the JVG defense for many years. It seams like the Rockets are getting back to it. And D-Mo would be an excellent back up center for any elite team in the NBA.

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I hope as these guys said, a trade comes soon.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

One "out of the blue" trade I could see is for Brandon Jennings. His contract expires in 2016, and is a reasonable $8 million per (fits into the Lin TPE). He's shooting 39% from 3 on 5 attempts/game, 81% from the FT line, and has a 2.6 to Ast/TO ratio this season. If we are looking for a 2nd "slasher", he fits the bill.

I don't think we would be willing to move the NOP 1st, Capela, or TJones for him.

Something like:

Jennings into the Lin TPE for 2-3 2nds

or

Jennings for Terry, Canaan and a 2nd

16. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

i think mchale should make D Mo watch tapes of Raef Lafrenz or whatever his name is...D Mo has a tool set that needs some polishing but it cant be polished by Hakeem bc DMo is to uncordinated and not Mchale bc i dont think D Mo understands him to much or Mchale doesnt understand him....But I could see his ceiling being very parallel to Raef

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Man this is soooooooooooooo true...

T_Man

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I realy want mozgov. He would be an ideal backup.

19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I like the move that he mentioned for Mozgov. He would be a relatively cheap backup C and his PER is pretty high right now for the Nuggets as well. I tried to trade for him on the Trade machine and this is what I came up with.

Denver Acquires:
    Cannan
    Capela
    D-Mo
    Lin Excpetion ($2 Mil)

Rockets Acquire:
    Mozgov
    Nate Robinson

A move like that would be great for us in my opinion. We don't even use Canaan or Capela and D-Mo is a good player but I would much rather have Mozgov over him at this point in his career.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like your proposal. If we could give up a high 2nd rounder, plus Cannan and D-Mo along with part of the Lin exception plus cash, for Mozgov I would go for it. Not quite sure if that works, cap wise though. I am not too pleased with acquiring Nate Robinson.