1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Taking a look at Omer Asik Trade Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just picks in return would be fine with me

2. Raven

Raven Member

Just getting it over with would be fine by me.

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I know right. the window opens in two hours!

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If the goal is to win it all this season , this team has to have a viable backup behind Howard. D.Mo aint gonna cut it and Jones is just too small to defend some guy's.
    Really wonder how Camby fits into this whole thing. If he's healthy he could take the majority of the minutes behind DH12 which free's you up to move Asik for picks or a player at another position.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Unless it's Millsap, most of the trade scenarios mentioned could have already happened. This suggest that Morey is going to wait until the very last hour to finalize a trade in the hopes that something better pops up, so means fibe more days of speculation and waiting.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Apparently this situation is Morey telling all the suitors to give their best offer on that date. When everyone is available to be traded, all teams can give their best offer.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Makes sense.

8. makio9

makio9 Member

Ersan Illyasova (or whatever) is white and international, that makes him a huge threat to don the red and white IMO :grin:

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Sometimes the best trade is no trade

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Or it could mean that another team wants the deal done by the 19th so that they could include Asik in a possible trade before the trade deadline.

One way or the other it does seem very likely Morey has a deal on the table and he has announced Dec 19th as the line in the sand to finalize it So come one come all and show us your offers.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm super interested to see how long it takes Morey.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

and so it begins! december 15!

13. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I think we trade with Philadelphia so that we can have a reasonable chance to trade FOR Asik two months from now.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You know this post got me to thinking , of the players I think Morey would take in return , he could have done a deal yesterday .... But , what about players he would consider sending out in a deal bringing back more than one player (since the roster is full , otherwise someone has to get cut).

Brewer , Casspi , Brooks , Covington , Garcia & Howard (not like he's going anywhere) cant be traded prior to today (12/15).

Its highly probable any deal would require one or more of these players thus forcing the wait.

I doubt any of Lin , Parsons , Jones or Beverley is going to be part of a deal including Asik. DMo & Greg Smith may have better value closer to the trade deadline ... thus requiring someone else be moved.

[​IMG]

You are forgetting "reacquiring" rules. Once they move him , they cant reacquire him this season.

15. Mr Chuck Norris

Why would we do that? Are we getting rid of Dwight Howard too? because thats the reason Asik wants out.

16. basketballholic

A CASE FOR ERIC GORDON

Hear me out. Pelies want Asik. He's worth more than Ryan Anderson. Asik and Brewer for Gordon and Withey.

We play Gordon at the 2 with Harden at 3, Parsons 4, Dwight 5. Do another trade with Lin bringing us back a big and go to the trade deadline. Either that or agree to a deal for Gordon then put Gordon up for bid immediately and see how many picks you can get for him plus an expiring. Phoenix wanted Gordon bad a couple years back. They might deal Goran plus 2 or 3 picks plus Okafor's contract.

Something like:
    Asik and Goran to Pelies
    Gordon to Phoenix
    DMo to PHX or NOP or 4th team for a pick

Okafor and picks (3) to Houston.

17. Raven

Raven Member

His contract extends beyond next year. Unless Morey is positive a player can be flipped, I don't see any scenario where he accepts a big/long contract player unless that player is a legit star or the contract ends either this year or next.

18. basketballholic

Understand.

He can be flipped. One of the reasons I think it could/should be considered as a possibility.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Is it possible Morey is NOT trying to get rid of Asik?

My thoughts go like this.

He creates the illusion he is through leaks and posturing. But he sets the price so high that he is fairly sure no one will bite. If they do at his exorbitant price, then he is ok with it. But for the most part, he wants to convince Asik he is trying, and if nothing happens, he can say he did his best. Or that Asik himself ruined his value through his own actions making a equitable deal impossible.

Even if I am wrong, its certainly not impossible that nothing gets done by the 19th. If that happens, all the above makes sense.

20. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Either Asik would Start pouting again or we would force him back to the Court and he would Show no effort.
    And I am sure his agent tells him that their are offers,it would be stupid anyway Not to deal him.