1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: On the Game 1 loss and Houston’s dwindling bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2018.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Do not hurt KD. But if he makes two early shots, give him a hard foul on the second. NOTHING construed as dirty or that would invite a tech or flagrant. Just a legitimate NBA playoff foul. Preferably on a layup. We were not physical with him at all. Only CP really got physical -- pushing him out of the paint but then he just rose up over the top.

Be physical and go for the strip down low.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deuce and BMoney like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. basketballholic

Double KD? Ha!

Better find a defender that can stick him.

5. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

We lost a game that we were likely about 52% favorites to win. The Astros won a bunch of World Series games at various points when they were about 5% likely to win. Sometimes things just don't work out, and the KD version of the Warriors is easily the best team ever hands down.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Man there is no one that can defend KD. It is just plain and simple. What we need is someone who can match some of his points. This is what bothered me so much about us just benching ryno. The man needs to find a way to get his shot back. We need him to get his shot back especially with luc just not even there.

tinman and Jake Tower like this.
  7. basketballholic

That would be Gordon. You start Paul, Gordon, Harden, PJ, and Ariza. Honestly, those are our best matchups to the Hampton 5. And you gotta run that pick-and-pop with PJ or spot him up in the corner and hope he hits a lot of shots that He's going to be left open on.

After thinking about it another night.....this is who I would start. And I'd bring Capela in when Green went typo the bench. And I'd bring in Gerald when Durant sat. And then LMM/Anderson at the back of the rotation to spell Harden/Paul/Gordon when they rested. And if LMM can't shoot the ball.....(I don't think he can right now)....I'd abandon him and find some minutes for Qi.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:eek:

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, give Cheese some love! He is far from ready but I said it!

10. tinman

Supporting Member

KD is the hardest of all the Warriors to guard . What we need to do is stop Klay . I think Steph is not 100%.
    I did not like those wide open shots Klay got, I thought he was Joe Chee cause everyone leaves him open at the 3.

Jake Tower likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When players shooting 3s only get 2 FTs, it's because of the Harden rule. (not sure the play to which you refer), maybe Durant was not in the act of shooting, so it's out of bounds or 2 FTs when in the bonus. Same with the Durant rip-thru rule.

Funny how fans who wanted the Harden Rule, now whine about it when it's called on their players.

The new rule is that unless you are below the FT line (and I think you have to be driving, too), the continuation rule only applies when the ball is in it's natural upward shooting movement, which isn't at the gather point or even little after, necessarily. Below the FT, you get continuation at the point of gather.

12. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Not saying you're wrong necessarily but that's not the way a lot of people interpret the rule. The TV guys were genuinely confused by the call as well.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not really interpreting the rule, but rather trying to quote the rule-makers, to help others interpret what they see.

I'm actually quoting the Joe Borgia video on it -- he's the VP of Refs and the guy we see during games, commenting from Secaucus.

The video provides a very good explanation of the difference between the Harden Rule and prior years. I can see now how they are striking a difference between Jump Shot continuation and drives. Makes sense.

The rule now is that the Lower Defensive Box is demarcation zone of where the new rule departs from old. Below the box on drives is still the old rule. Long Jump Shots no longer get the old rule of continuation at the point of gather. The TV guys have been genuinely confused all year (and I was early, too), which is why Borgia made the video explanation, but many in media still haven't looked at it.

[​IMG]

#33 heypartner, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Lol you’re obsessed with me

15. tinman

Supporting Member

You're obsessed with dissing the legends of Clutchfans
    There's a reason you aren't a podcast, and if you were, nobody would care
    You realize they got the delete button??

Snap!

[​IMG]

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

How did I diss a legend?

You’re right, I’m not a podcast. Nice burn...

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Calling the Durant take Lazy, when it was truly well thought out.

you're just jealous of the take

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

It’s not well thought out at all. It’s watching the game with a very simple mind... “ Oh that guy scores so easily, he must be the best offensive player in the game!”

Well, Harden had more points and assists, took 3 less shots, and doesn’t have the luxury of having the two best shooters in the league as teammates, meaning its suicide to double team him! If they didn’t have even 1 of those guys, Ariza could deny him, then we could run some double teams and traps occasionally. He’d still get some points but he wouldn’t be nearly as effective. Harden doesn’t have that luxery and he still had a better game...

So yes, it’s a lazy take! And I don’t care who says it, I’ll call out dumb **** like this when I see it.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden is the main player an offense where he's the featured player
    Go back to Durant and Harden on OKC
    It's about the player's role.
    Durant could score the same as Harden if he had the same offense and minutes.
    As far as being size, Durant is harder to guard cause of his height and wingspan.
    As far being the best offensive player in that game, you could make a case for Durant cause of his efficiency.

Start your own podcast called I hate the 80s and 90s and my parents dodge neon call it no hand check and mumble rap

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

First of all, I’m not saying there’s no case whatsoever for KD. Personally, I think he’s the 3rd best offensive and 3rd bet overall player in the league behind LeBron and Harden.

You say he’s more efficient, well in the game tha MK was acting like validated his take, Harden was more efficient. KD has every advantage over Harden. He’s taller, longer wingspan, two best shooters in the league on his team meaning you cannot double. Yet Harden was still more efficient and scored more points and had more assists...

KD is dominant because his length and wingspan make him unguardable, Harden is dominant because his skill makes him unguardable. Not to mention, KD has never been a guy that elevates the play of his teammates.

There’s a case to be made that he’s the best offensive player, but it’s not “by far” like MK is saying.