1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: LeBron James pursuit looms over Rockets as trade deadline nears

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bottomline taken from the podcast -- the rockets are absolutely not going to pay the lux tax this year

#Pursuit

4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I just hope we don't sacrifice this season and what it could be only to be stiff armed by LeBron this offseason.

The LeBron we beat the other night simply is not worth it.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We aren't sacrificing this season. Like @BimaThug and many others have said, there isn't really a deal out there to go get us a rotation piece. The Rockets (and coach) like the rotation. There are moves to be made to bring in some depth, but really that's for guys who won't play on nights where everything is right and everyone is healthy.

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Yeah I guess so, but the pursuit of LeBron reminds me of some of the other superstars we've tried to get in the past. We become so focused on one guy that we miss out on others that could really help us. Don't get me wrong I'd love to add an engaged LeBron, but I get tired of feeling like the ugly chick at the prom when they choose the Lakers or some other **** organization.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

CP chose the Rockets. How is that working out so far?

Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

sammy and DonKnock like this.
  9. 1Deep

1Deep Member

yeah I love the addition of CP3 too but adding him seemed to be done a little more smoothly than some of our other pursuits. Probably had something to do with him telling people around him Houston is where he wanted to be.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Don't want LBJ, too divisive, too involved in politics, too whiney. I would like another big frontline player.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's the thing. It helps when there is alignment in a plan. And if the Rockets get LBJ, it will be because they are aligned in a plan.

1Deep likes this.
  12. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this should be post of the year

s3ts likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Like who?

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lebron saw what happened to KD when he left OKC and he knows from personal experience the backlash of fans in the social media age. Lebron and KD are both super insecure and have burner accounts on twitter.

Lebron wouldn't leave Cleveland unless they get something back for him in return, that's why he has a player-option. The problem is, his salary is so massive, we'd have to gut our entire roster depth to trade for him.

If he really wants to be here, we need to be able to move Ryno's contract before deadline (unlikely) and he needs to opt out and take a paycut (also unlikely). CP3 also has to sacrifice his salary.

One of the key reasons why we are so damn good is we have good players on cheap contracts, it's also why the Warriors are a dynasty. Draymond and Klay are getting paid less than Ryno ffs.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Calm down Brian Gaines. Murray got this!

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

GS has the highest payroll in the league

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Right, because they grow on trees, and are really easy to acquire.....

19. cebu

cebu Member

Cavs owner would do anything not to let GSW get another ring so it's a possibility that he would trade LBJ to us.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@Clutch @BimaThug You will not get me to sit here and say Anderson is putting up statistics to support a case of him being paid $20 million a year.

To say he is performing though against his career norms is not factual in my opinion. His 3pt% is exactly at his career average at 5.6 attempts and 2.1 makes which is his career average and this season. He is also 10% above and a career high from 2pt%.

To add the fact that at exactly one minute less per game then last year he is up marginally across the board with rebounds, blocks, and assists.

Hopefully he can go on a run and get his 3pt% close to or at 40% that is exactly what Morey wanted for this team and is a premium at the PF spot.