1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Is James Harden leading the early MVP Race?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think he's been the best player in the league this point into the season.

2. Mackwell

Mackwell New Member

James Harden is not even the best player or leader of his own team. And I don't understand how some think Curry and/or Gasol are worthy of the MVP. These are players that are pieces of a system, not truly dominating or transcendent players. Just not that good just yet. My vote personally would go to Anthony Davis, or CP3. Maybe even Aldridge or Cousins, as these players are better than Curry and Gasol imo. I honestly don't even think Gasol is a better player than his older brother was

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If your talking allstar starter, unfortunately your probably right, but harden most certainly is on every coaches ballet to make the team. Trust me other coaches no who the top 5 players in the game our and harden is one of them. They have to make a game plan for these guys so they know.

4. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Theres nothing harden could do to be voted into the starting line up of the Allstar game. that spot is Kobes until he retires.

I think if we beat memphis on wednesday , and Harden has a great game. Harden and the team , will start to get the respect they deserve.

5. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

There are 2 guard spots, but you're probably right. You got Westbrook who's flashier, Curry and GSW who everyone loves, CP3. It's hard. I'd argue that Curry and Harden are the unquestionable leaders above all other guards performance-wise this season, but I'm not sure either of them will make it.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I think Anthony Davis is the clear cut #1 numbers wise, but his team record relegates him to #2. IMO, Harden is #1 based on personal numbers and team wins

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Harden was first team all NBA last year and 5th in MVP voting - he's not exactly toiling in obscurity.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He's obscure in regards to being voted as an All-Star starter... which is what the poster was speaking of. Kobe doubled Harden in voting last year despite only playing a handful of games.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I feel you on that, the coaches and sports writers no what's up tags why he'll be 1st team all NBA this year also I would think. But the allstar is a popularity contest and it's hard to beat the Cali guards in cp3, curry, and kobe. I don't doubt that Harden can get more votes than Westbrook but cp3 curry and kobe I just don't see happening.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Does Aldridge have a history of hating on Houston, Howard, or Harden?

12. Moleb

Moleb Member

He really isn't getting the national attention he deserves for an MVP candidate let alone this year for his defense.

But, a strong playoff performance will get him the reputation he deserves I think.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think it might be both. That's surprising that he has Harden so high.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

DMO is da real MVP

15. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I was watching the NOLA v GSW game last night and Reggie Millers' 5 MVP candidates thus far were Steph Curry, Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, Lebron James and Kyle Lowry. No love for The Beard. The funny thing is how well we know Lowry, and that James has become a better passer/distributer this season than Kyle ever was for us, not to mention he averages 5 more ppg.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

And then he suggested Klay belongs in the conversation. Like... ok.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

NBA not giving him respect, Sikou d******d has no idea

18. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I hear more "Klay Thompson is the best 2-guard" than "James Harden for MVP" by a wide margin.

19. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Lebron and Davis are out of the conversation at this point. No matter how great you play, a .500 team is not getting the MVP nod. Especially Lebron just gets Miller's nod because he's expected to. He has laid a bunch of eggs this season. You also gotta count the fact that Miller is a terrible analyst and he's probably salty because Harden will definitely be ranked higher than him in the all-time SG list when it's all said and done.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i doubt lebron wins mvp again but Davis is not out of the conversation especially if they do sneak in the playoffs.