1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Is Goran Dragic to Houston suddenly possible?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 16, 2015.

1. FEAR THE BEARD

Ugh...don't see Morey getting anything done

2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I haven't done my analytics, so I'm kinda going barkley on this. I was going off intuition that a big like Dmo will naturally get better on the boards as he fills out.

But my premise is that PHX must do the deal and find out whether Dmo will improve and if so, how much.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If they trade DMo, the Rockets don't improve

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Given our current health scenario, trading Dmo for Dragic would likely make us worse in the immediate. If Phoenix are going to go the we'll try to re-sign him unless you meet our ridiculous demands for an expiring route, let them.

They want a trade that 1) makes us worse right now, 2) costs us the pelicans pick, 3) shifts free agency risk to us and 4) gives us higher salary implications. I get why they'd want that, but why on earth would we make that trade? Are we run by Billy King?

#104 Aleron, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If Dwight is healthy, Dmo for Dragic is a net benefit for a playoff run.

Dwight, Smith and Jones should be enough for the bigs. I'm not going to talk about Dorsey, though I don't think he is horrible for 5 mins per game.

Brewer and Ariza can handle the wings.

Dragic and Harden starts, and when Harden rests, Dragic can slide over to SG with Bev at PG. That's the real difference. Dragic can run the offense and score when Harden sits. He's also a vastly superior threat with Harden on the floor.

Also, this leaves the possibility of a small ball lineup of Bev, Dragic, Harden at SF.

But all this depends on Dwight being healthy enough for a playoff run.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Accept Dwight isn't healthy. Because of that , we're buyers for a big , not sellers & DMo is about as untradeable as a player can be if the goal is winning this year.

We're without Howard for at least two more weeks , you cant go two weeks worth of games with Dorsey , Smith and Jones who was out the last couple games himself.

We don't know if Howard will return or not .... or how good he will be IF he does.

The way I see it , we need to pick up Dragic & a big man while not giving up a top 8 rotation player to be considered serious contenders.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't think many players improve much as rebounders (in terms of rate)?

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What if we picked up Kanter as well? Or signed Sanders? Or if Jones just jumped right back on the horse?

I don't see it making us worse this season - would make us better. Would be sad if Dragic bolted, but that's not a guarantee?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling this won't happen. Apparently the suns want a young star and Dmo is not yet a star by any stretch of the imagination.

According to Yahoo - they want a blockbuster deal or they will gamble on resigning him as a FA and trading Thomas.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well, they said they wanted a player with "potential" to be a star. Does Jones or DMo have "potential" to get there? I'd say no, but they could be close, right? Throw in the Pelicans pick and maybe the NYK 2nd rounder, and I'm not sure what else Phoenix expects to receive.

Reminds me of when Morey allegedly wanted two first rounders for Omer. Zero chance of happening, but probably just a gauge of what offers are willing to be put out there.

11. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Dragic will get traded. The only way Dragic will resign with Phoenix Suns is if he is the starting point guard. That's is not going happen because of Bledsoe.

12. carib

carib Member

The Suns are asking too much for Dragic, let them gamble on hoping to trade IT or losing Dragic in free agency for nothing. Rockets should explore other options unless the Suns change their demands.

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

So Rockets are offering a couple of 2nd rd picks for Dragic? No Pelicans 1st rounder?

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Are the Rockets getting Dragic or not?

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I dont think they will. They probably never offered a 1st round pick. Then again, not many teams will for a 3 month rental.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Just give them what they want, Morey!

17. NotChandlerParsons

clutchfans faints.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Never. That will encourage them to demand more and more.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It's happening? :

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns informed Goran Dragic tonight that they'll accept his request for trade and work to move him by deadline, league source tells RealGM.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/567884255713460224">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns informed Goran Dragic tonight that they'll accept his request for trade and work to move him by deadline, league source tells RealGM.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/567884255713460224">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let's get it done, Maury!