1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Is Goran Dragic to Houston suddenly possible?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why do we think his agent wants to do this?

2. hakeemthagreat

How about Nate Robinson? He was bought out. Why no mention?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

To get a guarantee the Sun will give Goran the Full Max and maybe get them to traded away Thomas or Bledsoe. Something that will get Goran better playing time.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can't be serious.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the kind remarks, everyone.

Also, thanks to Clutch for doing a SPECTACULAR job editing that podcast. We had a bunch of technical issues throughout; we were under a time crunch to get it recorded (I had to take LilBimaThug to a kid's birthday party); and LilBimaThug crashed the podcast at one point to "tell me something" (amazingly, I can barely hear his voice in the background). Great job all-around, Dave!

6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

But... but... but... I want to hear what the lil man had to tell you. :(

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

as i was reading this LilPeleincubus after farting said "sorry it was so loud Dad"

thanks for the podcast ;)

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Awesome. Listening now.

Mr. Hardisty is the bomb.com, as is BimaThug.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol how soon Bev disappears. A year ago he was so loved.

10. BimaThug

Supporting Member

LBT was trying to tell me the name of the player the Rockets will acquire this week. (He's been helping Morey build this roster since 2009.)

:grin:

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

A few weeks ago you mean. Back in November, clutchfans were sayin' how they wouldn't trade Beverly for any pg due to his heart, hustle and defense. LOL

Bev is not going to be the kind of impact player Dragic offers. Just doesn't have the skillset..

12. basketballholic

Did you say FARTING? Good night Irene. Not good. You might get run. :eek::eek::eek:

:grin::grin::grin:

Good podcast as always. Was there any mention of Kevin Love at all? Does that mean the big guns here don't think it's even feasible?

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dragic is a pretty good player and I understand they want to keep him but I think they are screwing themselves by not trading for value now, he is already 29 and Suns are nowhere close to competing they need to let go and follow youth. They are lucky that OKC had injuries and the whole Omer Asik thing didn't work well in New Orleans. I would go for B lopez or Enes Cantor and look for a bigger scoring guard their defense is atrocious.

14. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Due to time constraints (see my post above), we didn't really get into any particular names besides Goran Dragic. Also, as I mentioned on the podcast, we could talk all day and night if we really wanted to explore EVERY remotely feasible trade option (let alone those options on the fringes of feasibility). These podcasts are intended to be informative while playing at a manageable length for the vast majority of the audience.

15. basketballholic

Don't you think Morey is going to place an obligatory call to both Cleveland and Portland for Love and LaMarcus before he completes any deals on Thursday?

1st call - Cleveland checking on Love
    2nd, 3rd, and 4th calls - Chicago, Minnesota, and Portland checking on Butler, Rubio, LaMarcus (don't know what order)
    5th call - PHX working deal for Goran
    6th call - Brooklyn discussing a number of possibilities if Goran falls through
    7th call - ??????? (OKC/Milwaukee?)

#55 basketballholic, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I think the only way we get Dragic is if he tells the Suns he wants to be here, this season or next.

I do think we could offer a good deal, but I honestly don't do it if DMo's involved.

17. hakeemthagreat

Nate Robinson? Can create, can score, high energy, played well in the postseason. You should see him play sometime

18. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

No. All he needs to tell them is he is going to test the market.

As for those worried about his age, you might be overlooking the fact that Howard is on the downside and the window for this version of the rockets has about 2-3 seasons before another big name needs to arrive. Dragic would be a great bridge and would give is a chance to win the west. As it is, I don't think this team can get by the top 2 or 3.

19. rocketsmetalspd

It will come down to what Dragic lets the Suns know tomorrow of his intentions. IF he really wants to stay in Phoenix he will be a Sun past the trading deadline and will resign with the Suns. I hope he decides to come to Houston.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Great stuff, as usual. Thank you!

I don't think we could keep Dragic past this season. Can't give up too much for him. We're already pretty good.