1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Dwight Howard's a Rocket, is LaMarcus Aldridge next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 15, 2013.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yah no one on this site would have guessed you could have harden parsons Howard and one love/Aldrich. Even though it has been talked about endlessly. At this point it is almost reality you just need Morey at this point to sell all his cards or wait into the season and hope either the wolves or blazers stink and then you could get one of them for even less at that point.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

I still think the Rockets should after Granger for now. He's the best each way bet in the meantime.

The Rockets will sorely miss Delfino, whose 3pt shooting, made him Harden's favorite on-court teammate.

[​IMG]

Parsons & Granger can both start and interchange between the SF & PF positions.

Then to get Aldridge at the trade deadline the Rockets will need an asset like Granger to be part of their trade package anyway.

3. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

LOL at the first comment

So getting the best power forward in the game and putting him alongside the best center in the game and the best shooting guard in the game would be…good for the Rockets? Clearly I have a lot to learn about this ball-retrieving peach basket game.

Thanks for the hard-hitting news piece.

1 person likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LMA wants to be a Rocket? When it goes down we'll be The second best team in the NBA

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

You are overating Lin. He has absolutely no spot on their roster

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow that would be awesome. I'm sure right now they are asking for the moon right now and I'm sure we are not willing to part with Parsons. Personally, I would do Asik / Parsons and a few picks in a heartbeat! We still have Garcia and can get another veteran SF next year.

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Sure. From our perspective, Asik + T-Jones / D-Mo but I'm sure Portland is going to want Parsons as they see LMA > Asik.

This is where negotiations get tough. We may have to give up something we don't want to. It not all roses.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is thing called a multi-team trade.

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

Can LMA force a trade to Houston? He still has two years left on his contract. There's no rush for Portland to trade him so soon. Besides, theres probably other teams that can offer a better overall package of assets.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No he cannot force anything.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He can leverage it in our favor. A team isn't going to give up a lot for him.

Teams that he would stay with long-term like Dallas, LAL won't trump any offer the Rockets could muster up.

#71 sammy, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What he can't do is leverage Portland to trade him at all.

And with two years on his deal still teams are going to be willing to gamble on him. Not to mention the Rockets won't have max cap space most likely to sign him in two years as a free agent.

He doesn't have much leverage in the traditional sense.

13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If I was Portland and it ever came to that, if trade him to the team that offers the best package, regardless of what team it is. If Charlotte, so be it.

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

LMA can't force anything. If Portland is really doing badly by the deadline, it might have a chance of happening and that's it. Even then, they'll be looking to get equivalent or better assets back if they gonna trade LMA early and rebuild. That's why I think they'll want Asik and Parsons or they'll ship him elsewhere for a better deal.

15. csc177

csc177 Member

Nothing will happen until MAYBE the deadline. We are going into the season with what we have currently.

I dont think the Blazers let go of LA tbo.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The fact that we will have cap space for him in 2015 and he wants to here makes an eventual trade to the Rockets almost seem inevitable. No way I am giving up Parsons though.

Let us hope Jones and D-Mo have monster years, so Portland will make a move for them.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Where is this magical deal that is better? The Cat's post is spot on.

No team will give up the farm for a guy that could be patient and bolt in the summer of 15. He's at that point where winning means a whole lot.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

In the last year of his deal, he'll be an unrestricted, half season rental. Unless he agreees to an extend & trade.

If he tells Portland he won't re-sign. It'd be the ideal time to move him by this trade deadline.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I say by the end of July early August Murray will have a trade ready

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Now we are talking my absolute dream team. I love LMA's game, always have. He lights up the Rockets every time we play Portland. Depends on how much we lose. Parsons must not be included in the deal. Parsons must stay.

#80 solid, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013