1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: As win streak continues, are Rockets legit title contenders?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

They could catch fire and make a run but there's still a piece or two missing to be legit contenders.

I'd like to see a move made similar to Iggy to the Warriors to shore up depth. I can see Morey keeping Lin and Asik until next deadline and see what improvement can be made with keeping the core intact.

Regardless the Rockets are in a good spot with the young core and the only "bad" contracts are expiring next season.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You can't consider them legit contenders right now because legit contenders don't care about playoff matchups.

Many on this board are trying to avoid the LAC and OKC in the playoffs and to me that means those folks don't consider this team legit contenders.

3. Clarinetmonster

This is based on past performance - the team is better now and hopefully will show soon that they can beat anyone. We'll know a little more in the next couple weeks I guess.

4. autoprt

autoprt Member

agreed, true champs take on all comers and win. i say we are 2 impact players from a championship or 2 years for the current core to develop into a championship team and not sure morey will wait that long.

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

That ias right. We didn't care who we would have to play in 1994 and 1995. Oh wait we did.

Your statement is not true for basketbal. Some teams are just a bad matchup.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. phidz_deedz

phidz_deedz Member

Podcast: As win streak continues, are Rockets legit title contenders?

after todays game.. i say no..