1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: As win streak continues, are Rockets legit title contenders?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Big timer I have no problem with that at all. I know how well respected Deck is as well. I actually like the swagger that he brings to this forum. But im not going to allow anyone to disrespect me or try to get fly with me when im talking to someone else. Deck jumped in on another thread when I was talking to jtr. I didn't agree with jtr responses to those that disagree with his point a view. Jtr has a strong passion towards statistics. That all gravy because his work on here is amazing. Lol but ole Deck had to chime in because he clearly took offense to me posting information without the link attached. It was an honest mistake no need to get bent out of shape.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We are 4-2 in our last 6 games against Elite teams. So we are playing a little better against them.

Agreed we are a totally different team now. We are still making things difficult { Look at the Mav's and Wizards games}. blowing big leads. The big difference now, is we are finding ways to win those type of games. Early this season we would have lost.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh one more thing Bimathug, Thank you sir.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Great pod, interestingly different look at things by MK. Hopefully you can have him back sometime.

Thank you Clutch.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My mistake was not simply putting the guy on ignore. I've dramatically expanded my list over the last few weeks, and find his writing "style" rather irritating, so I'll remedy that. As for his apology, it was half an hour after I pointed out that he hadn't included a link, and roughly 45 minutes after another member was clearly confused about whether this fellow had written the post himself, or pasted it from somewhere else. Yes, I could have left out the word plagiarism, but considering that he has 2800 posts, it seemed to me that he should have known to supply a link, particularly to a quote from a source that he posted without any preface at all. I also don't appreciate his apparent contempt, in my humble opinion, for one of the cardinal rules of the BBS. However, if I caused disruption or mental anguish for anyone, I apologize. This person certainly won't be the subject of further posts by me, Bima.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Well thank you for keeping track of the time I posted on this thread. Mr. Smart one I was busy doing something else, that is why it took me a little time to respond. You are making a big freaking deal out of nothing. Bima respect huh, I haven't done nothing to this clown. He is annoyed by my written but I've given dude props for his posts on here.

Deck you can best believe I want say another thing to you on this forum. Better yet, I will hit the ignore list for ya lil dude. You are clearly a B-made chump.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Rockets are definitely title contenders this year, and beyond.

It's a great time for basketball in Houston right now, and everyone should sit back and enjoy it while it lasts.

8. AVoiceInACrowd

At this point and time, I don't think they are legit title contenders.

The problem is consistency. They are too much of a Jeckle and Hyde team. In almost every game they have played stretches of beautiful basketball followed by a comedy of errors that allows the opponents to gain momentum and confidence. The good news is that, the Rockets are usually able to win these games. But, it's usually been against weak teams and you have to wonder if they would have been able to do that against the top teams.

The thing about the Rockets is how scary good a team they COULD be. They are a young team that hasn't been playing together for long. To make matters worse, there has been a rash of injuries to key contributors. Despite all this they have a record of 36-17.

I feel that it's not a matter of if the Rockets figure things out, but a matter of when they figure things out. I wouldn't be shocked if they were knocked out in the first round. I also wouldn't be shocked if they made it to the finals.

9. StReAmEr

StReAmEr New Member

i think they are contenders

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They need another perimeter 2 way player that emphasizes his defense at the 2 or 3 and they need another reserve big that emphasizes his defense and has the ability to shoot at the 4 and can play some 5. Those are the missing pieces.

11. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

they will beat miami in finals. Dwight finals MVP. book it :cool:

12. Raven

Raven Member

1. Keep Dwight happy.
    2. Respect team chemistry.
    3. Understand that number one and two are inseparable.

Only trade Assik if you have no choice, but leave the rest of the roster alone. This team deserves a chance to show what they can do in the playoffs. They've earned that right.

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the things I saw last night that I think is something important to point out is the fact that this team actually blew the Lakers out. We've seen time-and-time again where this team has played poorly against bad competition. I know the Lakers are trash but Houston hasn't really taken advantage of teams when they should have. I like that this team was able to rest their starters in the 4th quarter in preparation for tonight's game against the GSW.

Maybe just maybe this team is starting to come around.... :grin:

We'll know more after this west coast trip. This is very exciting nonetheless.

14. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

im calling a rockets vs raptors finals. rockets in 7

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't think you can be considered a legit contender if you don't win your division. Goal should be to win the SW.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Huh? - 1994-1995 Rockets

17. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

mavericks didn't win their division in 2011. they were the 3 seed (spurs won SW and had 1 seed that year)

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Pre-season favorites and in season legit contenders doesn't mean you will or will not win a title. You're confusing the question.

This team pre-season and even now are not considered legit by most. But that doesn't mean that can't win it. It's a different topic.

19. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

They possibly can contend but a lot has to go their way. With Parker's recent maladies and Westbrook still a question mark of how he will come back after his injury, the door seems to be open at least a little crack. I think if Asik can get into shape and buy into the team, they will be very scary.

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Defensively they have improved a lot over last year. The talent is clearly there. Experience comes with games played. A loss like last night is good for learning and toughening of mind.

They are on the right track even though not there yet.