1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley makes his pitch for LeBron James to join the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Houston_Rockets

I think Melo > Harden as of today no doubt but this is a myth IMO. Mainly because Harden rarely catches and shoots, because of the "system" we play.

95% of the shots are off the dribble, hero style. Same thing actually happens with Melo, that is why in the National team, where the guy just shoots and let´s others create, he is a monster. I think that Harden if played along side guys that could create, he would be a monster also.

Having said that, I question Harden ability to play off the ball, the biggest thing I hated about Harden this year, was not his inability to create off the dribble against Mathews, it was his inability to change the way he was trying to score and try to score off D12, like Parsons does.

Those are easy points, and unfortunately Harden just ball watched when the ball was on the post, I HATE that mentality, having said that I believe Harden is a great catch and shoot player like Melo.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lmao at PB getting offended about Chris Bosh being called a dinosaur

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

From what I've seen of Melo...when he plays with the "men" of the league (all-star games, olympics) He shows that he is an alpha dog. Harden shrank under pressure. There is not doubt that Harden is a better long term solution but if a championship is on the line and he has Howard and Lebron as his running mates...give me Melo.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My beef with Melo is the same as others. Then I payed attention why he wasn't elite like Durant or lebron. He can score in bunches but his downfall is creating for others and passing. Harden is excellent at creating for others but his downfall is his 1 trick pony offense. We've seen Melo and LBJ play together in the Olympics. They know each other very well. Lol at people thinking they play the same offense wise. Lebron needs a catch and shoot guy not a ballhogger like Harden.

5. Wommy

Wommy Member

Bev is just throwing the pitch out there, he ain't the GM so don't take his words on Melo and LBJ both coming here seriously. That's Morey's job.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

'Melo/LeBron vs. Harden/LeBron here.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Patrick Beverley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mario Chalmers.
    Harden >> Wade.
    LeBron = LeBron.
    Terrence Jones <<< Chris Bosh.
    Dwight Howard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whatever crap center they slot in in Miami.

8. Classic

Classic Member

Beverley just iso'ed Lin

9. Wommy

Wommy Member

Lin who?

10. Houston_Rockets

I agree mostly, but don´t forget, you now call Harden a ballhogger because of what the system wants him to do. Don´t believe the BS about coaches wanting him to pass.

Our offensive game is based on the PnR/Isolation "My team is more talented then yours offense" system.

If he doesn´t create stuff out of nothing, we have no offense, same when we dump the ball to D12, everyone just ball watches outside of Parsons, we have no off the ball screens.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Geez you guys really turned on Harden fast. This would have been a no contest question last summer and Harden is coming off all NBA first team this season. In no world is Anthony better then Harden.

Anyways, wrong thread, great stuff from PBev.

12. Wommy

Wommy Member

Harden isn't going anywhere fellas.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If Bev has LeBrons cell, he needs to start blowing him up with that pitch now!

14. basketballholic

Best quote of the interview.

15. dlite316

dlite316 Member

I truly wish LeBron thinks like that

16. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

If Houston really wanted to roll big, they would trade James Harden and make room for both Lebron and Melo.

17. valorita

valorita Member

Lebron's main reason for coming to Hou would be to play with Howard. He is the closest thing to a perfect front court partner for him on the basketball court.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Considering our piss poor defense - and Lebron knows great defense is a prerequisite for championships - I doubt it.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL @ Bev saying he'd sacrifice himself instead of saving Lin/Asik/Parsons/Bron. He is very careful w/ his answers, which is great.

20. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Beverly is a good guy i got nothing against him.. but lbj deserves max not Melo. this is the guy the Rockets desperately need but i see him going to the Clips before Rockets