1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley, James Harden, Jeremy Lin after Rockets' 96-95 win over Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2013.

1. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

I don't disagree strongly with the decision but I also think Lin is the kind of guy who thrives off of security and swagger. It's not clear that having a guy gunning for his spot or having a hard-to-please coach actually does make him work harder or become better. It could even be the exact opposite in his case.

1 person likes this.
  2. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

I agree Lin is a rookie in their eyes, but sometimes I'm glad that way because this is Lin's first season as NBA starter, coming from a knee issue and we better ride him slowly but sure this season. Next season we can expect the subs pattern will be different for him when his conditioning is better fit to play more minutes.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the NBA - you can't have a fragile ego on a team that wants to contend. He needs to toughen up and grow-up. He's getting the big bucks now and that's the weight he has to carry. And if you think pressure is a bad thing, how is this guy going to handle it when we are in the playoffs? He's not a child, he's a man. He has to deal with it.

He's young and makes a lot of mistakes. He'll learn. And as he matures, so will his confidence grow.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Every day, that stuff Clutch gets is more an more crazy amazing. All hail Clutch Fans! :)

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Exactly. We just beat one of the best teams in the league largely because of Beverley's performance and yet you have "fans" crying about Lin being subbed out even though he was atrocious last night.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Agree.

The kid is a lot tougher than what some of his fans give him credit for. Comparing to the adversity he had to overcome in high school, college, and NBA before this season, sitting last 4 minutes in a win, means nothing. Lin loves to play COMPETITIVE basketball. He survived being undrafted and being cut by multiple times, and he survived sleeping in the couch. He only came back stronger and better.

Now he's the starting PG at Houston Rockets with a pretty big contract. To think he will just melt after a bad game and a few minutes on the bench, some people just don't seem to have any confidence in Jeremy Lin at all.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Although some of his fanbase love to think they know what he's thinking or speak for him, they are largely clueless. Lin is a tough kid and understands the game. This won't bother him at all. I'm very sure he cares more about winning then substitution patterns.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh, no Olajuwon interview from Clutch yet.

9. pnr

pnr Member

I don't think he thrives when he has job security. The only reason he did well last year was because his job in the NBA was on the line and he had to perform to stay in the league. That's huge pressure right there and it was under the bright lights of MSG.

10. PeppermintCandy

Putting Parsons on Parker for more than a few possessions would have worn out Parsons. Putting him in during key possessions at the end and giving Parker a different defensive look was the right way to go. JVG used to do something similar all the time.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Apologies if it has been posted, but I love this pic...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. nchan

nchan Member

Thanks to Jeremy Lin, lol. But it's not just here. If you go to the recap of yesterday's game on espn, there are like several thousand comments. It's crazy.

13. rokit

rokit Member

it's not about him being tough or having a fragile ego, it's about him not being able to get into the rhythm because mchale is too quick to bench him every time he makes a turnover or pbev makes two shots in a row.

the only reason he did well is mike d'antoni. he would be playing in europe or china right now if it was mchale who was coaching the knicks.

toronto game where he hit the game winning shot? i think he had 6 or 7 turnovers in the first half alone, and he still ended up playing 43 minutes. kinda crazy, right?

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's just not true at all.

Lin plays 32 minutes per game, those are starter minutes and roughly the same number of minutes players like Parker or Paul gets.

Lin has a ton of freedom to operate and make mistakes. It's just confirmation bias and overreaction when Beverley finishes the game over Lin.

15. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

He played 8 minutes straight in the 4th, with 2 points on 1-4 shooting, while the score changed from 7 points lead to a tie. If you say a starter needs to have exact 9 minutes in the 4th quarter of a very important game to get into rhythm, then the team and that player are in much bigger trouble.

You are right, it's not about Lin's ego, but seems to me that it's about some strange egos from a few posters. Lin is so much bigger and better than that.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm so proud of the rockets

17. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Even more epic with Ginobli on the floor lol #Beastmode

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I didn't see it! Thanks. I'm going to send that to my brother-in-law, who's a Spurs season ticket holder, ha ha.

19. pnr

pnr Member

His minutes have been under 30 min for the month of March. When he plays well, the team usually is blowing the other team out and he sits clocking in around 25 min; when he plays poorly, he doesn't see much time either. The inconsistency in the minutes is probably not helping his confidence either. Players like Parsons and Delfino see their minutes stay the same no matter the type of game they're playing.

20. kuo

kuo Member

i thought it was great that the announcers talked about how O went from the top of the key to get inside position on duncan on harden's game winner in case of a miss. love the effort.