1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Our first look at Chris Paul’s Rockets without James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Awesome article @Clutch thanks as per usual.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I mean I don’t enjoy missed open 3s doesn’t mean we shouldn’t shoot them.

Bottom line is even with all his crap isolation possessions it still comes out to the most efficient play in the nba this season. And so far he’s isolating on 30% of his possessions, tops in the nba but it sure as hell isnt like he isoing every time or even most of the time he has the ball.

Just say what you mean. Despite how good he is you don’t like him or you are just trolling for ***** and grins.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

nah, i love harden. he's truly a generational talent and he is an amazing player. i just hate it when he quits or walks the ball up the court in the last 5 minutes of a game, isos for 22 seconds, and jacks up a step back 3. i absolutely ABHOR pout mode harden when he's not getting his way and his flops aren't being rewarded with free throws.

4. AggieRocketFan96

I'm sure its been mentioned by more astute fans but i'm kind of glad we have the adversity of losing Harden right now. If the Rockets are to have a chance for a deep playoff run, they need to get truly deeper as a team and it wasn't going to happen they way of the 24-4 team was rolling (8 man rotation). Only through injuries is MDA being forced to "develop" the team and with no choice, I believe this will help in the long term. Losing Harden alone isn't as critical as losing a combo of 2 or more of CP3, Luc, Clint, Nene. But seriously, the bench was becoming a huge concern especially after losing Luc and the poor play of Anderson. If GG can sustain some reasonably useful contribution (and I think he can and will), we have essentially expanded the future late season and playoff rotation to at least 9 to better match up in the playoffs and increase the team resiliency to withstand the future and inevitable loss of another key contributor. Now we just need to find another mid-season big man pickup that can mitigate the loss of Clint or Nene. A Tyson Chandler or similar big comes to mind.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Not to discredit Harden, but I feel a comforting calmness and confidence in cp3 running the group..
    Apparently most of you agree and claim that harden will learn from Paul but I haven’t really seen it yet..

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol 33.6ppg 4.1rpg 8.1apg 2spg 45 percent shooting just 4.1 turnovers a game......amazing how people make rubbish threads just because they lost 5 games in a row(10-5) in the month