1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans on 1560am - 2009-10 season (Next: 4/16/2010 @ 1:15pm)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm a little late on this thread because we've had random conflicts in schedules to start the year. Just like the past two seasons, ClutchFans will be represented on 1560 the Game (1560am in Houston) this year -- I'll join in with the guys for Rockets talk. Here is the weekly schedule.

<UL><LI> Tuesdays at 8:30am with John Granato and Lance Zierlein
    <LI> Fridays at 1:30pm with David Nuño</UL>
    You can listen online through the radio station's feed at http://www.1560thegame.com. We'd love to take your Rockets/NBA comments and questions on the air... the call-in number is 713-439-1560.

Thanks!
    Clutch

1 person likes this.
  2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thanks. Hopefully recaps will be available.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Going on now after this break...

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Landry deserves more pt

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Old question: what is the plan going forward with McG? Play him, trade him; SnT this summer or re-sign the fellow?

Thanks...xiki

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you have an particular theories on what's really going with McGrady and the organization, I'd like to hear it.

What roles do Les, Adelman, Morey, McGrady, and the rest of the team have in all this drama? Is it everyone against McGrady?

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Is it over?

Edit: never mind I am guessing he hasn't started yet.

8. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Hey clutch,
    Please pay respect for the work Lowry has put in so far. Our hustle machine.

thank you.

9. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Also, when are we really going to get respect around the league? and will we ever be consider a playoff team without TMac and Yao?

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The bench is the indicator. When the bench does well, the Rockets do well.

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

The last two games are the purest example of it.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks to those who tuned in and those who called (also thanks for letting me know who you were on the board, Blurr#7)

Sorry, we didn't really address this other than that I thought T-Mac would be traded.

My feeling is the Rockets want to move T-Mac and T-Mac wants to be moved. I really don't see how the Rockets can bring T-Mac back into this lineup beyond February -- this is a team that is all about work, sweat, guts, hustle... all things that T-Mac is heavily critized for lacking. If McGrady came back and the offense became "Show T-Mac" again, I don't think that will fly. Wanting to move him is not the problem, but at the same time, letting him walk at the end of the year may be more attractive from a cap perspective than the offers that Morey ultimately gets. From what I hear, my feeling is T-Mac knows that he's not in line for a payday here in Houston and it's a lot more difficult when you're not dealing with Bird Rights.

I think Morey and company are holding out for the Big Fish (Chris Paul, etc.), wanting to see which team opts to shift directions as we get to January and February.

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch,

What is the likelihood that the Rockets are able to pick up someone like Chris Paul? I know there will be a bunch of sellers this season. The Hornets are in bad shape and I don't see this changing any time soon. If the Hornets are willing to trade Chris Paul, I'm not sure the hornets will be in NO too much longer.

The Rockets do have the assets to make a trade but who do you think the Rockets are willing to give up?

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I like the idea to get Chris Paul. I would give up any player on the current team to get him, then build the team around him for next many years. Get it done, Morey.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd say very slim. The Hornets are 3-8, but still they'd want to move "everyone but Paul" first if it got to that. Paul would have to give up on the Hornets and want to be moved. That's the very slim part. If it got to that, then the odds dramatically shift. I'd say the Rockets, even though they're in the same division, are one of a few teams that could make it happen. They would fit all the criteria:

1) Be willing to take on Peja's deal.
    2) Have expiring contracts to offer.
    3) Have young, cheap talent to include.

Probably anyone but Yao (and Ariza, most likely)... but I'm sure Brooks, Landry and Budinger are the most attractive pieces because of their youth, potential and contracts. Scola, and to a lesser extent Lowry, are also assets, but both are due for new contracts.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Clutch,

I agree Paul is a longshot but I keep hearing Okafer's name bounce around in trade rumors. I know you mentioned this morning that the Rox probably would stay away from a center who is built for the long term considering Yao's return next season but Okafer would be ideal in this system and could eventually move to the 4 next year to pair up with Yao. I know his contract isn't the best by any means but he could REALLY help for years to come at various spots and specially if Yao doesn't resign here after 2010-11.

What are your thoughts?

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Maybe, the rockets still can buy Rubio's right.

18. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

missed it unfortunately..

podcast?

19. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Tracy is done here, just bench him and let the rest of the rockets play for development. Win or lose the current players play with heart, hustle, till the last minute.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

And do we want another player who quits or gives up on his current team? I know that Paul has proven to be a playoff performer and a competitor but I'm leery of bringing in another guy who holds his franchise hostage when he isn't winning or simply doesn't want to be there (see Steve Francis and Tracy McGrady).