1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Omer Asik postgame interview (Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2013.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

It's been said a few times but I gotta say it again,

Howard who?

Okay, I'm not that far yet, but Omer is giving me good reasons to really question DH coming here. And it's not "talent", or lack of thats making me hesitate, that can be bought given the right circumstances, but the team chemistry is something no amount of money can offer. And when a team grows together...dang, watch out...especially next year.

Great fun being a fan of a Rockets team.

1 person likes this.
  2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I agree. I would definitely hestitate to swap Howard for Asik. If somehow Howard could play PF (which I don't think would work out) I'd be more for it. However, Asik has shown real maturity, heart, and most importantly, he has made tremendous strides on offense (and rebounding) and has still a ways to go. He's already a double double machine and provides elite defense, and his offense has made HUGE strides from where he started. Imagine another year under his belt, developing chemistry, starting, and an off-season to work on his shot, I believe he could *easily* be a 16-12 guy.

I'm for keeping the team together another year. Lets see what experience and chemistry does to the roster and how they respond together. Not opposed to adding a stud PF to the roster but Dwight? Naww. Don't want his primadonna act in Houston.

3. basketballholic

This series, our playoff season, as our regular season did, hinges on Asik. He's the whole key to this team. If he sits we have NO CHANCE. Only when he is on the court do we have a chance to win this series or any future playoff series this season.

If I were Scottie Brooks, I would set some screens with Perkins and Ibaka that rub Asik off on Durant and then I'd throw the ball to Durant posting up Asik high and let him work on Asik to get him in foul trouble. Hack-an-Asik doesn't work. I fully expect to see Attack Asik mode for OKC in game 6.

If Asik can stay out of foul trouble we have a great chance to win the next 2 games. If he gets in foul trouble and has to sit for major minutes in either game, we most likely will lose the series.

4. Anxiety Trooper

Clutch. I would suggest spending less time at Lin's locker next season and more time with the other players. Just one fan's thoughts.

I think most of us agree that we'd like to hear more from Asik.

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Clutch had made mention in the past that Asik doesn't like to do interviews because he isn't quite comfortable with his English yet.

Chill with the Lin stuff. He even makes it into threads nobody mentioned him in smh.

6. Anxiety Trooper

Did not know about Asik. I just always see post game interviews from Lin and comparatively less from others.

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i love this guy.

bea$t

8. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Love him...ceiling is high. :cool:

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Very interesting but Omer looked very ill at ease. I wonder how he would be if interviewed on camera by Turkish media. The same or very different,

Any Turkish fans out there that can answer?

10. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

hmm

I am not Turkish but did watch a broadcast once that I assume was a Turkish feed. I am not home a lot and have to stream the games. I came across one stream and talking a language I could not understand but the writing looked Arabic. I found it strange and watched and noticed that they got excited when Asik did anything. Us here watch our stations and Asik is rarely mentioned ever but by the end of the night he had a real good game.

He seems loved back in his country a lot and excited about him playing. It is nice to see many here give him props finally.

11. omerthelover

omerthelover Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAht10FvUno

I am turkish and I can assure you that he is the same guy when he speaks turkish, not very assertive. We like him very much in here. By the way turkish and arabic are two very different languages having totally different roots.

12. trock

trock Member

Omer is awesome. He's really opened my eyes this season with his mobility and durability. The rare chance to see him in an interview is a real treat.

13. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OK

I meant no disrespect. I can't tell the difference in scripts of the language there. Just said that it appeared Arabic.

Asiks is becoming a star here and he will have to learn to get used to being interviewed. He keeps up this play and he will be interviewed a lot.