1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Notes from Daryl Morey's Q&A with fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 17, 2011.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

(Regrettably) Rox already have a Lotto pick, albeit with too few ping pongers. Shard + Lotto (+ Blatche or McGee)? Frankly IMHO it would require faith in the new CBA that there would be a repeat of the 'amnesty' rule allowing the axing of one player (even if still paying him).

Maybe Shard is just in need of rest and rehab or maybe he is done, kaput, career: pfffft.

What do the Rox have to give up in this scenario?

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Would Harrington be flippable to Dallas for Haywood? Another brutal contract but at least bigs, well healthy ones, can play deeper into their dotage than guards or wings.

At least BH would provide size depth and even allow a big line-up with Nene at the 4 - - albeit at great cost (in a guard dominated League).

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I believe that was me. It would certainly be a huge burden to undertake, but that potential top five pick is pretty damn tempting considering we'd only be giving up a non-rotation (non-anything) player in Yao.

On the other hand, you could look at it as paying one full year of Rashard's salary (2011-2012) in exchange for a probable top five pick -- and then have the largest expiring contract in the NBA the following year. It could position the Rockets to pick up a great young talent in the draft + make a major move the following year with his expiring contract.

4. Rockets_4_life

If that pick would be unprotected, I'd do that trade in a heart beat! Wizards have a legit shot at the #1 overall, so assentially your trading...

Yao's contract for Wizards draft pick(Kyrie Irving, Perry Jones or Jared Sullinger) + Lewis's Albatross contract

Just looking at the parameter's of the trade I would definitely do it! :grin:

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Could Harrington play the 3? If so, maybe we would have some use for him, bad contract and all. How is his perimeter defense?

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I guess this is kinda obvious, but it stuck out to me, the unsaid: "That doesn't mean we've-- [given up on this season]."

7. vergel

vergel Member

I hope the trade will happen as soon as possible.
    I cant Wait :mad:

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Perimeter defense is poor. He can play as a stretch 4,he doesn't rebound much either.

9. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

After watching the slam dunk contest, I'd be on board for a Yao / Rashard swap to get McGee, instead of the lottery pick. Especially since Rashard's contract is non-guaranteed in 2013. As such, his contract becomes an asset in the summer of 2012, like last summer when Dallas used Dampier's contract to get Chandler, and then Charlotte cut him.

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

The calm before the storm?

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Are the Wiz prohibited from having the #1 overall pick this year? Is there a rule (probably instated after Sampson-Olajuwon) that says you can't get it two years in a row?

Not that the Yao-Whomever for Rashard-Whatever will happen, and not that the #2 is bad to have, and not that Washington is going to get that kinda luck anyway. Just curious.