1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Morey: Asik trade fell apart at high level

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 20, 2013.

1. SPBR

SPBR Member

Is Morey burning bridges or making future trades more difficult by calling out owners?

He didn't have to mention that it "fell apart at high level" which sounded like he's saying owners either couldn't make up their mind about what they want to do or were too cheap to take on his contract despite the proven value Asik has.

Personally, I didn't feel like Morey owed an explanation of why a suitable trade wasn't found. Sometimes I think Morey talks too much.

2. Blaushark

Blaushark Member

Seriously? Morey talks too much? I thought we have always been surprised by his deals so far. If some owners took careful decisions because of Morey's past experience, I think its understandable. Some teams are not that urgent to do trades by Dec 19. That's how I see it..

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

How is that calling owners at? He isn't placing blame, if the trade got to high level people it means it was close to happening. Possibly the Celtics owner wanted no part in paying Asik so much in one year as well as handing out a draft pick.

Morey only put that deadline because he wanted something he could trade at the deadline. Obviously none of the deals brought back assets Morey felt were equal or of higher value than Asik.

So now he can use the time between now and the deadline to get something that makes us better.