1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Mock Draft - 2014 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're overvaluing Ryan Griffin way too much. He had chances when OD went down to step up and didn't do much. He'll be solid but probably not close to Pro Bowl material.

Luck's struggles in the passing game were because everyone knew they had no running game. It's a fact jack.

2. Remii

Remii Member

So you drafted a TE who only had one good year and who's coming off of hernia surgery at the top of the 3rd round because you're worried about Griffin who's the 2nd or 3rd tight end when they already have Graham and Porter.??? Ok. I'm sure the reasons are logical to you and maybe he will be a great player. I was just asking.

Vick Ballard and Bradshaw were both out for Indy last year and they are both back... And they still have Trent Richardson and they picked up offensive lineman already during the free agent period along with defensive players. Scouting report says there's still issues with there receiving core and they need a free safety. So that's the logic in my picks.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its been 4 hours... is there someone picking for the Vikings?

4. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

For the Vikings i will take Andre Williams RB from Boston College.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Garrett Graham falls in the same boat as Griffin.That is the two you were referring to when you mentioned our 2 "youngsters" which both have been, meh.

And Porter. Who tf? He doesn't even sniff Dreesen's jock strap and he's a career backup.

Ballard is average and Bradshaw is oft injured. Too oft. I was wrong about Trent Richardson, thiught he could be a stud. He ain't ****.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sorry and the Steelers take Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama.

The Steel Curtain 2.0 is old and worn out they need some juice in their locker room. Hubbard brings thagt, with them having the ability to corral him when need be.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Ballard had over a 1000 yards from scrimmage his rookie year which is the only year he has played. Small sample size for you to come to the conclusion that he's just average. But thanks for your opinion Bobby _ oops, I mean Flash.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So did a lot of other career backups. Brandon Jacobs, Mike Anderson, and Peyton Hillis to name a few.

His vision is good for a RB drafted so late, 5th if I recall correctly, but he lacks speed and explosiveness.

Hey don't confuse me with that douche monger. At least I have an opinion on players that have actually played against NFL talent. Not throwing out opinions stated as facts on collegiate prospects.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Laughable draft by Flash as usual. He may not have recovered from his basketball hangover.

10. NewRoxFan

Good morning. The last compensatory picks:

33 (97). Pittsburgh Steelers (compensatory selection)(FLASH21) - Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama
    34 (98). Green Bay Packers (compensatory selection)(HTown_DieHard)
    35 (99). Baltimore Ravens (compensatory selection)(Sir Geving)
    36 (100). San Francisco 49ers (compensatory selection)(NewRoxFan)

So HTown_DieHard is on the clock...

and btw, I think the idea was to go four rounds. Are folks still up for that?

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good Morning!

As far as I'm concerned ....definitely. Those that stuck with it, have done a great a great job of picking each other up and making credible picks. It's been a true team effort. Let's finish this bad boy off.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Good ole moes trollin my draft as usual.

Ah the salty is strong in this one.

13. NewRoxFan

Very good... I am still in on this as well. Just checking the pulse as to whether folks were losing (lost) interest.

I will be at church from 10:45 to 12:30pm, then taking the girls shopping at the mall but will check my cell phone to make my pick at #100 if it comes up after 12:30pm.

Might make sense if someone can post a Round Four draft order when we finish off the third round.

14. Remii

Remii Member

What you're missing about Ballard is during his rookie year he hardly played the 1st 5 games and had a total of around 90 yards. All of the rest of his yards he put up in 11 games behind a bad offensive line which is impressive. But because they spent their 1st round pick on Trent Richardson and they're keeping Bradshaw and with the potential of Ballard and they have two other young RB's on their roster it's way to early for me to draft a RB for them in the 3rd round. Their RB core is much stronger than their WR core. The WR core is actually the weakest part of their offense considering that Reggie is old and coming off a major injury and Nicks is always hurt.

And my apologies for the insult. That was an undeserving low blow.

---------------

I'm good with whatever you guys want to do Plowman.

15. Remii

Remii Member

Htown probably isn't going to make a pick.

Green Bay lost their center but I'm not sure there is one worth them drafting at this point and passing up on Justin Ellis. They need depth on the D-Line and possibly a replacement for Raji after this season who is on a one year contract.

16. NewRoxFan

Seems like a reasonable direction to go. Green Bay can hope that either Swanson and/or Stork drops to them in the 4th round, which seems likely.

17. NewRoxFan

So, Green Bay selects Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech.

Next up. 35 (99). Baltimore Ravens (compensatory selection)(Sir Geving)

18. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Baltimore Ravens selects TE CJ Fiedorowicz out of Iowa.
    With Pitta and Daniels, the Ravens have two good pass catching TE's, but Daniels is a short term option. CJ Fiedorowics is a great blocking TE, with a lot of potential and is the long term answer as the #2 TE behind Pitta.

1 person likes this.
  19. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

NewRoxFan and the Niners on the clock.

20. NewRoxFan

With the 100th pick the San Francisco 49ers select... Yawin Smallwood, ILB, UConn.