1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Lucky Seven: 7 Draft Targets for the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks Clutch, good writeup, and loved the comments about Biyambo.......

Any thoughts on Jeremy Tyler?

DD

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We do need 2 do a trade for a veteran 2 nite I still like da asik trade if dey include both der first rounders

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

If the Rockets stay at the 14th pick, I would love for Klay Thompson or even Alec Burks to fall into our hands. Though we need a SF and a Center, we can trade or sign one in the offseason. I think its best for this team to draft the best player available and not draft for needs.

It never turns out good for a team when they draft base on needs instead of drafting the best player available. BTW, Biyombo hasn't done anything to prove he's worthy of a high pick. Sure he had one great game at the Nike Hoops but that isn't enough to guarantee he will turn out to be a good player.

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Biyombo sounds a lot like thabeet..:could be a huge block machine, but will have early problems with fouls and is a mystery

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't want Yonas Vahlahnchewnahs because I can't pronounce his name.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thanks for the insite.

Rocket River
    don't follow alot of College or international ball

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My fears with Biyombo is that so much of his reputation is riding on that triple double (with blocked shots) in the Nike Hoop Summit. It reminds me of when Kelvin Cato had the same kind of triple double in the preseason and we rewarded him with a monstrous contract - and then never saw him play up to that again.

8. pople

pople Member

Hey Clutch, what about Jan Vesely? An atheletic 3 with serious length - how does he stack up against Leonard and Singleton?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thx Clutch for posting that Biyombo vid. I suppose its in the Draft forum.

That just got me excited, too. What excites me is he was so actively moving with a purpose and seemed to understand defensive positioning, instinctively...at some points telling his teammates where to go. And wow on the ability to read rebounds. Those are true bball skills and IQ. He looks very coachable...and a gym rate with a love for the game.

His enthusiasm for the game and teammates looks to be up there with Jonas V.

#29 heypartner, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Biyombo supposedly has a red flag on his back, and now contract issues with his Spanish team.

Morey trying to drive down his value?

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Keep an eye out for Kenneth Faried. Would be another Morey headscratcher but I really like the kid.

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Kenneth Faried is Paul Milsap, completely. That's not bad in this draft.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm at the Toyota Center now... just a couple of minor notes here to pass along that I'm not sure I should tweet or start a new thread for. Take all draft news with major salt because even tough it's from people in the know, hard to tell what is smoke and what isn't.

Heard that Donatas Motiejunas lit it up offensively in his workouts (plural) for the Rockets. I immediately thought of Boki of course. Don't know where they rank him -- just heard about the workouts.

Hearing some "speculation" in here about Marcus Morris... no one said if that came from reliable info or not.

I believe the Charlotte-Milwaukee-Sacramento deal hurt the Rockets. Just a hunch that it's Biyombo they would like to move up for and Charlotte apparently did the deal to leapfrog Detroit and get him. It also hurt because that was 3 teams they were talking to. But, the small silver lining I was told was Jimmer would go ahead of the Rockets at 14, if they end up staying pat there.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Interesting cause yahoo is reporting that it is Tristan Thompson Charlotte is after, and therefore, we'd have a chance at Biyombo at #8.

I'm not excited about the marcus Morris speculation.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

as long as he keeps working out i say we'll see him alot in the season

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Wow it looks like another deadline comes with lots and lots of talk and not a lot of action. It's probably just coincidence but it seems no one wants to deal with Morey anymore. Man I hope he pulls something off. I am not excited about anyone at 14. I guess project Donatas is as good as anyone left.

17. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Biyombo sounds like he is being locked in at #5 by Toronto.

Cleveland is still going back and forth about Valanciunas. He might be good but buyout and not coming over next year might force them to look elsewhere to show the fan base they want to show progress next season, not sit and wait until he decides to come over.

18. cod

cod Member

Karnisovas said he's watched all of Brad Newley's games this season with Rytas. Rytas happens to be Valanciunas's team.

19. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Wow Marcus Morris. Looks like the article totally missed that one!

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Definitely. My hunch on the trade-up target was wrong too. But the Motiejunas "not 14, but 23 or a trade up inbetween" line was a nice lucky stab :) This was mainly the guys I liked for the Rockets.