1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Kawhi Leonard and his ever-changing pivot foot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Moleb

Moleb Member

I mean... If they let him travel then I hope harden can get a three stride euro step to balance it out

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wtv swygal we know you are @Bruce Bowen

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a large component of letting traveling go by the refs has to do with whether it just looks good, or fluid, when it happens. but in this case, it's more that leonard's just a league office and media favorite.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Cannot believe some people in here are comparing this to Harden drawing 3-point fouls. Harden going up when the defender is reaching on him is textbook, a foul. The debate is over whether or not it is a shooting foul. Kawhi Leonard picking up both pivot feet multiple times and even blatantly walking in this video is NOT comparable.

Richie_Rich, BigM, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  5. theredbackpack

to be honest, i've noticed this before. he's so big you naturally look at his movements maybe closer than you would a guard's. but i just don't think...it's a big deal. harden arguably travels just as frequently. i'm a rockets fan through and through but this feels a little hoibergian.

6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

How come Shaqtin a Fool has not noticed this travel?

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

IWhy?

He keeps getting away with it.

That actually makes it Shaqtin A Cool.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

these missed calls helped have his PER higher than Hardens

9. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

or the curry airball free-throw

they not on the mcfail list

if james went on tnt, and begged them fools to stop they probably would leave him alone, but hes making more money then all of them combined

10. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Lol. Shaqtin a fool like to put plays where the refs didnt notice the travel. Quiet funny but depressing seeing it

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

In before Jazz fan says Dream used to walk, all the time..

juanm34 likes this.
  12. No Chill Rocket

I'd do some strange things to have that young Ariza pictured above.

danker8 likes this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Someone put it on reddit, didn't gain traction for a few reasons:

a.) Kawhi is a one of their self-admitted "circlejerk" darlings. They love him because of his absence of a personality and will counter all arguments against him with more robot jokes.
    b.) The counter that everyone does it is easy to make.
    c.) The counter "But Harden!" is even easier to make. Whatever it is, be it foul shots or arm hooking "all the time", or drawing 3pt fouls, Rockets fans will find themselves in a losing battle against a mindless redditer when it comes to complaining about the officiating.

The train has run off the tracks at this point. The narrative that the Rockets are the heel will continue to perpetuate itself even though we are pretty likable this year, even though Harden has greatly improved his defense. Live with it.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Traveling and moving screen are the two things the refs can control the game. If they called those things by the book, the game would not be watchable. So they make seemingly random calls here and there once in a while. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say they could easily target any player to make these calls and get away with it because the call would be a correct call every time. The bad calls were the ones that they never called which were the vast majority of the times.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. the shark

the shark Member

He's done this for quite awhile, and the sad thing is I don't think I've ever seen him called for it.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

me too. i'd sleep with bev no homo. penis clubber can join too no homo. i'd rather not get invovled and watch them though no homo.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If you want to look at athletic dudes, just google it. It's 2017, you don't have to watch basketball to get that anymore.

As for me, I'd like to watch basketball the way it was meant to be played. the offense already has enough advantages with the current rules, even if they can't pivot 6 times with different feet.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's had 13 traveling violations this year, 2 called when playing against Houston.

http://bkref.com/tiny/QU3vO

Easy, RocketWalta and heypartner like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pretty blatant, hopefully the Rox alert the refs.

DD

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

What a wonderfully condescending way to call me out. You didnt even try to phrase that in a non deuchey way.

If youd like to watch basketball the way it was "meant to be" played than watch high school basketball. Its 2017, you can google other levels of basketball on the internet.

In the NBA you can pull up at least 20 instances every game of traveling. Lebron james, james harden, russell westbrook all travel all the time too in different ways.

You gotta accept it or watch high school basketball. If you are such a "basketball purist" than why do you even watch the nba? You should be watching slugfest, no offense, high school bball