1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jordan Hill shows his potential (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2010.

1. albendei

albendei Member

i Think he made like 2 and1's. great body control. a few more pounds of muscle then he can crack that backup C spot. Oozing with potential.

min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot pts
    23:09 5-9 0-0 2-2 -1 2 6 8 12

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The PnR with Brooks where Hill goes TO THE BASKET is a nice change from our regular pick and pop PFs.

DD

3. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Not bad. It will be nice when he can further develop in the offseason.

4. Zfan

Zfan Member

I feel sorry for David Andersen. Hill is still very raw but he's going to do what Andersen can do. If they want to tank, play him. Just give him time to feel the game. With that physical gift, adding a mid-range jumper and some post moves, he'll make Andersen dispensable.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He was fouled at the end of regulation under the basket. The Detroit rookie clearly held him to prevent the offensive rebound but the ref had no view. It should have been Hill to the line to put the Rockets up, but no biggie, I'm not too keen on the Rockets making the playoffs anyways. I liked his hustle and athleticism.

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

If he being lost is the worst part about him at the moment then thats fine with me. Hes a 22 year old playing only his 5th or 6th year of bball I think? By next season he will know whats going on within the system.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Said it when it happened in the game. Seemed pretty clear to me also.

8. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Let's see if this happens because last time someone who unexpectedly played, they never got much pt after that. Remember Joey's game against Memphis?

9. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

Reminds me of Charles Oakley.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That was a trade show. :grin:

11. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

I'm honestly really impressed with his poise and awareness to be around the ball at all times. He does need work but he hasn't been able to improve due to his lack of playing time. Give him a full offseason and training camp and I promise you he will deliver and make us forget Carl Landry!

Two thumbs up!

12. markus4040

markus4040 Member

Yeah, i was very glad to see Hill finally get some major run out there. He has a sweet shot and can finish around the basket... hustle, rebounds, blocks out well. And it's great to have some weak side help with some shot blocking ability ... finally!
    Look forward to more productive minutes from him.

13. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Looked good tonight. But who knows whats going to happen with this kid. To early to tell. Hopefully he develops to the player most originally thought he would be.

14. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

This is a GREAT comparison observation.

I've firmly been in the JH camp since watching him in Arizona, and yes, I think this guy is not only the real deal, he is the true "STEAL" in the deal before the trade deadline.

imho, it's easy to get "refined" with enough training and playing time. JH may never be SO refined to be a primary threat scorer who can kill you in so many ways, but that's not what his role is and will be imho. This guy is a REBOUNDER, a 14 ft jump shooter, and an ENFORCER a la Oakley.

I am so excited for this guy.

And even MORE excited to see hiim rebound the bajeezus out of the ball playing alongside Yao.

oh, and going back to the refined thing, I'll take being patient on becoming more "refined" in skill, but physicality and being a great physical specimen... now that's something that can't be taught with time.

JH is the real deal. and a BIG deal at that.

:grin:

theSAGE

15. wadero

wadero Member

He lloked really good tonight despite the lost look. He is learning a new offense but with Chase helping him I think he will be a great asset to our long term plans.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Right. I happen to be not much of an Andersen fan so I don't really mind the idea.

17. kmqn

kmqn New Member

he looks like Amare Stoudemire out there. :eek:

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

This is the best I've seen Hill play. But let's not get carried away. This kid appears tob athletic but not explosive. I admit to under estimating him but please, he will never be a go to guy like Landry.

In spite of his length he seems more of a finesse player than power big. That's not a bad thing. KG is more finesse. I personally still think we need a shotblocking defensive big to come off the bench and right now Hill doesn't meet that criteria for me.

Still props to guy for a decent performance to not. He is young and if he can hit the weight room and bulk up a bit he could become something more for us.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. delishman

delishman Member

While Landry was our go to guy, id hardly call him a go to guy on anything but a lottery team. I love landry but I think people overrate his body of work. His play was significantly better earlier in the season. I'm sure ill take a lot of flack for that but im afraid to say people talk of Carl Landry like he was Chris Bosh.

Love what I saw from Jordan Hill. Hope he can develop into a nice, active player off the bench. A Lowry for the 4/5.