1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jordan Hill could still be a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

How? You cant judge this trade one day after its been made and plus its not even official yet.

2. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Thats coming from a personal stand point. The one player I didnt want.. Martin, One of the two players I didnt want to be traded.. Landry

Get it?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think it's becoming clear that morey had the sac deal on the table all along....tried to get more from the Knicks since they desperately want tmac's contract, in hopes that they didnt need to include landry in a direct Sac-Hou deal....NY wasnt budgining, so Morey started the paperwork (and leak) for the Sac-hou deal, leaving enough just enough time until the deadline for NY to find out and scramble to get into a 3 way with them, with their backs against the wall, knicks would have to include Hill and whatvr would make the trade work. Rockets get who they wanted all along, unfortunately giv eup Landry, but get hill as a replacement.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Does NY even want McGrady if Sac buys him out? I don't see why they would.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm thinking as many of you are that we end up with

Kevin "don't call me K-mart" Martin
    Jared Jeffries
    Jordan Hill

I give Morey an A- if he pulls that off.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

If they're trying to shed payroll, I don't understand why.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yes, if they get him cheap for the remainder of the year it gives them ticket sales and a better chance to resign him on the cheap if he still has game left, which may make NY more attractice to a big FA

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Change your name to BigApple_TMac and move the hell on please.

10. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Do we really must take Jeffries contract to land Jordan Hill in Houston?
    No other method?

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Good point. I forget that people in other cities may not realize the guy is a washed up crybaby. He might fill some seats in Madison Square Garden.

My guess, based on his recent statement, is that if he is bought out he tries to get on with a contender and only goes to NY at the last minute after exhausting his chances of riding coattails to a ring.

12. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Same here.... That's what she said though. :eek:

13. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

Why is everyone acting like losing Landry is a big deal???

The team is not going to the Finals with him this year and if they resign Scola in the coming off season then Landry is gone after next season.

Landry makes $3M and that will double or even triple in the open market after next season.

Landry wants starters money and starters minutes. Two things Houston can't give him.

He has 1 foot out of the door already people so you might as well put both out the door and get something back in return.

14. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

That's a pretty good haul, except Jeffries. It's basically Landry for Martin+Hill if you only count meaningful players. That's a pretty damn good return right there.

If Morey somehow gets Sacramento to get Jeffries or the Rockets somehow snag a Knicks draft pick... A+.

15. httx713

httx713 Member

K-Thomas and Landry having the same kind of game ????? dude I'm sorry but I remember K-Thomas being a bit soft, not too athletic and he has nothing left in the tank... Landry was our only Power Forward who could play above the Rim now you have Scola and K-thomas who can only get about 6" off the floor ( combined ) ... we need that Hill kid from knicks to make this trade a good one.. My Opinion ..

16. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

Only way I see us doing that is we get those 1st rounders from NY also....unprotected

17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

But it doesn't give the cap space they really want. that is the main reason they wanted him via trade....

So it will be interesting to see what they are willing to give up to get him. I think Morey will try to pick something else from them. We still have cook's contract we could move as well.

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah i feel ya man but how much better was Landry gonna get? Martin is what we need now and in the future.

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

It has nothing to do with him being traded..

If you read my previous post you would see why. Its funny people make fun of TOF, while I am not one, but the hate is like way too high

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

It it happens, I would expect us in some way to take on Jeffries contract in order to get Hill.