1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jordan Hill could still be a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 18, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

As I said in the trade thread, getting Hill would make this trade a complete success.

BRAVO Daryl BRAVO

2. Convictedstupid

We have 3 hours to find out.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

NYK have run out of all options. Look at their fans, they are going crazy over there!

No pressure on Morey, he already has Kmart in his pocket, Hill would just be a major bonus right now...and picks...sheesh thats a given.

4. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

me too :(

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets get Jeffries, the luxury tax is here next season. I can't see Les doing this without draft picks.

6. knelson9031

knelson9031 Member

7. IngiGo-

IngiGo- Member

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If we land Jeffries though (in order to Hill I assume), could we even afford Scola and Lowry in the offseason? :confused: This deal has me thoroughly perplexed

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

If the Knicks want to get rid of the contract of Jeffries and T-Mac wants to be a Knick ... this one might have a shot:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhxp7kv

Rockets get the players Kings offer AND Hill ...

New line-up:

C: Hayes/Anderson/Armstrong
    PF: Scola/Hill/Thomas
    SF: Ariza/Battier/Taylor
    SG:Martin/Budinger
    PG: Brooks/Lowry/Rodriguez

or ... if DM takes this oppertunity to trade Battier:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylqhxu6

New line-up:

C: Hayes/Anderson/Armstrong
    PF: Scola/Hill/Thomas
    SF: Ariza/Udoka/Taylor
    SG:Martin/Budinger
    PG: Brooks/Lowry/Rodriguez

Expiring contracts: +/- ... $ 13.28M

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

11. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spo...e-tracy-mcgrady

HOUSTON - NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports early Thursday morning the Houston Rockets have reached an agreement on a trade with the Sacramento Kings that sends Tracy McGrady to the Kings for guards Kevin Martin and Sergio Rodriguez, center Hilton Armstrong and forward Kenny Thomas.

The Rockets will also send the Kings forwards Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey.

However, league sources told FOX 26 this trade could grow to a much larger deal that could move McGrady to the New York Knicks as part of a three-team trade.

If that is the case Dorsey would be moved to the Knicks and the Rockets would get forward Jordan Hill from New York.

"I won't know everything until in the morning," said Dorsey in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "I'm told both teams like me. So I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play.

Dorsey said he was not caught off guard by the trade.
    "No, I'm not surprised," Dorsey said. "Mac (McGrady) told me I was going to be traded with him. I just didn't know Carl was going to be traded too."

Landry has already come to grips with what has happened.

"I'm fine," Landry said in an an interview with FOX 26. "I'm upbeat.
    "I'm excited about a new beginning with Sacramento. Houston has been great to me. I've build a lot of relationships here and I'm going to miss it.

"I look forward to playing with the Kings and bringing them some life."

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has not been available for comment.

1 person likes this.
  12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Kings certainly wouldn't have a need for Hill with Landry, Hawes, Jason Thompson and Brockman in their frontcourt, and plus the faith I have in Morey says this would be his reasoning for moving Carl.

1 person likes this.
  13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It makes no sense for the Rockets to add Jeffries and Hill and their 10 mill or so to the roster next year. Would the Knicks take some salary back? Maybe Ariza and Cook for Jeffries and Hill? They still shave about 4 mill in salary for next year and LeBron is a fan of Ariza if I'm not mistaken.

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

This trade works if the Knicks are indeed a part of it:

Rockets receive: Martin, Hill, Armstrong, Kenny Thomas

Knicks receive: T-Mac, Dorsey, Rodriguez

Kings receive: Landry, Hughes, Jeffries

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

To me, it seems the Kings want two things: Carl Landry and expiring contracts.

I doubt they care if the expiring contracts are McGrady's or a bunch of Knicks players. I also doubt the Kings are willing to take back Jeffries.

My guess? We end up trading McGrady to New York for Jeffries, Hill, and expirings. We take those expirings and turn them over to Sacramento with Landry for Martin. Other folks (Dorsey, Cook) will be tossed in where necessary to make salaries match.

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

^ This.

The second I heard Landry was involved I thought we would be getting Hill somehow. And it would make the sting of losing Carl a LITTLE easier.

This just in:Morey's not a fool.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the kings have to take jefferies they are getting a young scoring threat in Landry in the deal and are able to dump martin in the deal.

Martin has 4 years left in his deal and clearly isnt fitting in with the kings and getting paid roughly the same as jeffries is (or will be after the trade kicker) so the kings reduce the number of years needed to pay marting by 2 and save what like 30 million in the deal?

i see it going down like this:

kings: landry, jeffries, dorsey, hughes, rights to 2012 pick
    Rockets: martin, hill, thomas, armstrong, 2011 swap
    knicks: tmac, sergio, cook (ok maybe this cook thing is just wishful thinking on my part but it works)

the 2011 swap is pointless to the kings since chances are their pick will be around the same range as the knicks so they would probably one of the two picks outright...most likely they land the 2012 pick the knicks swap the 2011 pick with the rockets with some protection

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhgl635

morey has 3 hours to hopefully work his magic

1 person likes this.
  18. httx713

httx713 Member

I think Amare is going to end up in San Antonio,, that would be horrible news for the Rockets not to mention how much better the Mavs are now with their new players...

19. 2cool4school

2cool4school Member

20. mario713

mario713 Rookie

or amare might end up here some how?