1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin's Exit Interview - 2012-13 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2013.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

talk is cheap put money in the tip jar and show us :grin:

2. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

3. seeingred

seeingred Member

Jeremy Lin is true class. I hope he retires a rocket...

4. stefanb

stefanb Member

And don't forget the greatest benefit of trading Lin. You and all the LOFs will go to another board and leave us Rockets fans alone.

5. The Law

The Law Member

Bye Jeremy, it's been real...

Now GTFO

6. coffeelover665

wow, the sad part is, Jeremy probably visit this board since its the premier Houston rocket's fan site, and all he see is this crap. Your hatred for the guy transcends reason and logic. The way you talk about him is like he stole your family cow and cheated on your sister. My goodness.

1 person likes this.
  7. rockets0_12_7_1

Thank you, its good to know there are still people on clutchfans that possess true basketball knowledge

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

I disagree. He can earn that trust easily by being more consistent. If he was more consistent, Patrick Beverley might never have seen the court. A guy like TRob had all the "pedigree" in the world and it is questionable if he will ever see consistent minutes.

9. joe101

joe101 Member

Jeremy has a degree in Economics, nothing to do with pets, I think!

10. davek

davek Member

You are speaking for the minority of the Rox fans. If you want to be left alone don't log into clutch or don't click on any Lin threads. Problem solved.

11. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

lol pet degree is gonna turn into a running joke for CF now, good job poster

12. bluemars

bluemars Member

I agree with much of what you're saying but I think you are being too dismissive of Lisnanity and the Toronto game. In the Toronto game, Lin's performance in the fourth quarter was not limited to one lucky three pointer. He seriously went off in the fourth quarter of that game. Immediately prior to the 3-pointer tied the game with an and 1 drive to the basket.

I don't expect to see Lin playing at Linsanity level any time soon or possibly ever again but it is really unfair to be dismissive of it. We're not talking about a couple lucky games. It was a sustained run that broke NBA records and included great performances against teams that put stopping him at the forefront of their game plan. For example, he scored 28 points and dished 14 assists against the defending champions in spite of the fact that they used their best defender (Marion) on him and double teamed him at every opportunity.

1 person likes this.
  13. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

(That be me, Haymitch. Thank you!)

14. rockets0_12_7_1

I definitely know Jeremy is capable of playing well against great defenders such as Shawn Marion , he just was not playing as aggressively in terms of consistency this year as that time, and I'm not being completely dismissive of Jeremy's "Linsanity" run , and I don't believe that he just a had a couple of "lucky" games , I was just talking about the one particular game winning shot against Toronto, Linsanity was a showcase for what Jeremy is capable of and I still believe he has it in him , I've watched many home games live and I can definitely tell when he's in that "Linsanity" zone, haha you can definitely tell because of his facial expressions and the fact that hes scoring out of his mind but of course I'm sure Jeremy himself wants to become a better player overall in spite of Linsanity , which I know he can someday become a Tony Parker-esque player for sure , he just needs to work harder on all aspects of his game in the off-season which he definitely has it in him to accomplish that.

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Not buying it. Many YOFs still here after Yao retired.

16. harden man

harden man Member

He did play like that.....every game Harden was hurt he played like that. He went off against San Anton, the 3 games Harden missed in April he had several 20 plus games....high assists.....the thing is, hes just no the guy, Harden ISO is......

17. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

You'd think with your moniker you'd be, I dunno, a Harden man? LOFs in disguises. Hi comrade. :)

18. harden man

harden man Member

It's true....look at the stats.... The problem with Lin is his role.

Want to trade him because he doesnt really fit....perhaps BUT not because he cant play because he clearly can play...

19. terranmoccasin

Woa... this might be one of the most racist thing I've read on the forum to date.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You are way off base here. You are reading everything out of context. I can vouch for this. Someone back me up here but I am almost certain Harvard doesn't even offer a pet degree and even if they did I know for a fact Jeremy Lin didn't go after a pet degree at Harvard. So you are wrong on this point and he is right. Clearly Jeremy Lin doesn't have the Pet Degree. I don't see how exactly that will help his assist to turnover ratio. But if it helps him shoot like Curry maybe he should consider it. Here is the link to AnimalPetUniversity.com It's never to late to get that Pet Degree. Come on Jeremy you can do it!

#80 Old Man Rock, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013