1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin's Exit Interview - 2012-13 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2013.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch. Jeremy Lin thanking and apologizing to the media for waiting at the end made this interview much more genuine.

2. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I would've waited too.

3. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

I too would like to know if that discussion was on the table.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is Lin standing on a some kind of platform or are all reporters 5'4"?

5. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Racist!:mad:

6. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin's Exit Interview - 2012-13 season

Mr. Clutch, Thank you!

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thank you Clutch!!! Great effort and I hope you didn't get a parking ticket.

Going to Cali for training with Harden!!! I wonder who's invited?

Coaches talking about the preseason targets and what they expect from him next year... does that mean he's coming back? Damn! There goes my dreams of getting Chris Paul.

8. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lol notice how Berman is in such a good mood when interviewing Jeremy and not McHale.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And as others have said, thank you for sticking around. This is literally the only news source in Houston that gives people the news and information they want.

Just a Heightist. You short folk don't belong in civilized society. I'm tired of having to get stuff for you from the top shelf of the grocery store.

10. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

And.. I was joking about the racism.
    (in case some people could not tell)
    Just lampooning what I have seen here all too often by a certain segment of CF..

That aside, good interview.

11. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

12. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Thanks Clutch!

13. Fighton

Fighton Member

Hey clutch, was his exit interview longer than others, or did all of them ran long as well? Just curious...

14. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Thanks, Clutch!

I sincerely hope that this summer the Rockets will trade Lin to another team. That way, the team can get rid of his massive contract and free the money up to sign a player that can better fit into the system. And Lin will hopefully be on a new team that can properly use his talent as their PG.

15. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Clutch, was the delay just because of a scheduling snafu? Or were Jeremy's private exit interviews with Morey, McHale, etc. noticeably longer than they were for other players on the team?

Just wondering if the media guys were left waiting because the announced time didn't take into account the private exit interviews, or if Jeremy's private interviews with Morey and others were disproportionately and unexpectedly longer compared to other players.

16. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

thanks clutch. Really looking forward to next season to see how much everybody improves

17. rockets0_12_7_1

I'm sorry but we don't need to trade Jeremy at all because we have enough cap space to sign D12 , Josh Smith etc... and this is only the first season that this team has played together , next year will be a lot different in terms of Kevin Mchale figuring out him to utilize his players better , you are not a patient person at all and Jeremy himself said that he has a lot to work on in the offseason

18. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Who does not have a lot to work on? Of course he'd say that. It's part of the Chinese culture. All words no substance. He does not fit in on the Rockets, capspace or not. I like coach McHale but he didn't trust Lin this year and probably will not trust him next year. There was very little 4th quarter Lin this year and will continue to be that way next year, because he will get benched at the first sign of not playing well. So where/how will his growth continue? Curry dropped 44 points today. But he played poorly in the first quarter. Jeremy played poorly for 3 quarters against the Raptors on Valentine's Day last year but played great in the 4th and hit the game winning bucket. That will NEVER happen with him on this Rockets team.

Face it, this is Harden's team; Lin needs to find his own team or FOREVER be relegated to playing as a spot up shooter.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yep, second'd

20. rockets0_12_7_1

I have nothing against Jeremy but he does have a lot of to work on , you clearly still think he will play like he did when he played for the Knicks , this is only his first full season as starter in a different system and team , he will have ups and downs , he is inconsistent , that is exactly why he needs to work harder in the offseason , even Tony Parker was not built in one season , in his first season, Gregg Popovich benched him also at the first sign of him not playing well , and I'm sorry but you can't seriously compare Stephen Curry to Jeremy Lin , Stephen was drafted #7 for a reason and he is the star player of the Warriors and he also probably had to work hard to become the player he is now. So what if he hit the game winning bucket against the Raptors last year? that was part of his "Linsanity" era , and to be honest it was probably a lucky shot that he was blessed with. Jeremy does not want to keep living in that era , he wants to establish himself as Jeremy Lin the basketball player not "Linsanity", also Jeremy did have a key 4th quarter moment this year , against the thunder, he shot not one lucky game winning 3 pointer but "two 3 pointers" , Jeremy is capable of having game winning moments for the Rockets its only his first season , who knows what win happen next season? Its also unfortunate for Jeremy that he has been injured for both of his playoff series for the Knicks and Rockets , therefore he does not have a chance to prove himself in the playoffs , but he will next year , I guarantee it.