1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, James Harden, Chandler Parsons after 100-91 loss to Pacers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2013.

1. rokit

rokit Member

nah,bev got in around the 4 minute mark,that's when he usually comes in.

lin got benched because mchale doesn't trust him.

2. peter2012

peter2012 Member

One TO in the 3rd quarter.

3. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I agree. At that time, the game is over. If you want to give PB a rest, put AB in, not Lin. That is an insult to Lin, IMO.

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

You are projecting your feelings onto Lin. It might be an insult to you, but Lin probably really wanted to make something happen in the last 5 minutes.

5. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

That's because he was taken out before he had a chance to commit more in the 3rd

6. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

$25 million. It's his job to play whenever coach wants him to

7. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Pretty much this. 10-point game with under 5 minutes left. Difficult but not impossible - definitely not garbage time.

8. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Give it a rest, dude. You're being abrasive. The offense was looking like it was rolling at the start of the 3rd, but we were still getting abused down low. McHale tried to change the look and Lin ended up getting pulled (rightfully or mistakenly, we'll never know).

9. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

Soo you want money in the back,too?

What's the point having all the money in the world, but can't do what you love to do?
    If you have cancer today and is going to die tomorrow, would you care about money, fame, power or women?
    No.

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Because most of times he passes ball to Harden and he is not a PG, he is a SG.

11. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Why not bench him for the whole game? He has no TO at all.

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

This +2. If we were down 30pt and Mchale put in Lin, that would be an insult. I would even say Mchale WANTED to trust Lin by putting him in, hoping he could turn things around. Too bad that didn't happen. Trust wasted... :grin:

Can you imagine what would happen if Lin magically turned on his Linsanity switch and won this game? All the LOFs would go nuts, and I wouldn't blame them, cuz so would I...

13. mayo98

mayo98 Member

Or maybe he would ? Some people are really immature.. I think Lin wouldn't care if he gets lower than 25 million just to play his game... people here keep on harping 25 million on every thread that I read...

14. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

LOL so whats up with the money, not yours to give anyway

15. hltiki

hltiki Member

He was pulled immediately after that t/o from the drive to the basket, and I'm sure everyone watching knew he'd get pulled after that mistake. He was pulled and put back in way too late. Personally, I thought it was a mistake to take him out so early in the 3rd just because of 1 mistake, in comparison to the good he did in that same exact quarter, the 3rd; but I thought it was a more damning mistake to have put him back in at the 5 minute mark. Yes, Beverley was providing good energy and was playing well, but he really was not providing any significant offense; and that’s not a swipe at Bev, but more of one at Mchale and Harden; it felt like there was so much ISO ball in that game, as if Indiana’s defense completely eliminated any, however little, half-court offensive plays set up by Mchale.

And then Lin was put 5 minutes before the game ended; what the eff was that? Did Mchale think that Lin was a better spot up shooter than Beverley? Why didn’t he just keep the better spot up shooter in, though Lin did score that 3? Was it because Beverley wasn’t standing in the corner, a la his blocked dunk which resulted in 2 shooting fouls for him? I understand Mchale wants to ride the momentum of the waves, but as a coach, you gotta have better instincts for sensing these things.

16. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Sorry. That's not the case here. Lin wasn't the main ball handler on last 5 minutes. If coach trust him, he should to got his PG jobs back. Not dribble to half court and pass the ball to Harden.

17. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Come on, most of that time, it's James going ISO, and Lin standing around the corner. Where is that "trust" from? For McFail is more like being clueless doing random things to remember he had another PG.

18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

He fking has the ball in his hand before he passes to anybody. Why does every LOF think coaches are forcing him to play passively? And EVEN IF that's true, how about "**** it, I'm gonna play my way" if he truly believes in himself?

What's the worst that can happen? Getting benched? Like...what's happening right now anyways??? Grow some balls.

19. mayo98

mayo98 Member

Well if he goes aggressive, then he will be benched... you do know that sometimes being aggressive causes TO... easy for you to say cause you are just typing while sitting in a comfy chair vs Lin where he is the one facing the coaches and the situation every game... do you think a Harvard Grad wouldn't know or realize what you've been harping about here ?

1 person likes this.
  20. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

That -3. He was on the bench for a long time and mostly cooled down. It takes players a few minutes to get warm up. The fact is that Mchale was scared of the repercussions and what he did so he tried to deflect the blame and put it on the starters. Good thing people saw it for what it was and called him out on it.