1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, James Harden, Chandler Parsons after 100-91 loss to Pacers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2013.

1. verysimplejason

I think you didn't get what I mean. If Rockets really want Lin out, then why not "feature" him? Let him score even when he's turning it over. At least Rockets will get a better player trade for him. Who knows, you might get a CP3 for him... :) 20 mins isn't exactly the way of "featuring" him.

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Why start Lin if you're only going to play him 18 minutes. Sometimes he gets 18... 20.. 32... 40.. wtf gives. This is clearly hurting his confidence.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

Bench Harden...most overrated player in the NBA...

4. Razsan

Razsan Member

And Harden jacked up shots like a drunk school yard player...what's your point?

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

You pointing the finger at anyone in particular? Don't answer, I see where you're going with this.

6. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

Yeah it seems like lin starting is more or less tokenistic.

Bev starting and finishing would be the more appropriate but controversial course.

The issue with this inconsistent substitution is mchale going to manage time in the playoffs? It would not make sense to start a guy and only play him 10 or 15 minutes.

7. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I hope u are being sarcastic...

8. Jovial

Jovial Member

Labeled. You're LOH.:p

9. HookemHorns1250

I saw this in the chatroom last night during the game as well. It seems no matter who it is, someone uses someone else as the scapegoat no matter what the situation is.

The truth is EVERYONE barring T-Rob/Smith/Bev sucked it up last night in the first half. The only reason Harden is brought in is because he forces the center to hedge and come out on the pick and roll, making Smiths roll to the basket easier, rather than Parsons or Delfino running it. Harden requires more than one to come after him when he drives, that's the only reason he was in and Lin wasn't, (Besides the fact that Harden is a star lol.)

What bothered me...was the fact that Lin came out of the 2nd half with a sense of urgency. He and Asik worked extremely well, and Lin was hitting his first couple of shots to start the half. Then, when Indiana started to counter our run, Lin was yanked.

The fact of the matter is we just got outplayed in every aspect. Physically, mentally, and urgency. The Pacers came out with a purpose. We came out expecting to be able to have wide open 3's like we normally do, which Indiana did an amazing job stopping.

Parsons shot horribly, Harden shot horribly, Lin had a horrid first half. When Greg Smith and Robinson are your leading scorers at halftime, you know you're in trouble. So it's time to take a step back and just realize we got out played. Not every loss proves a magical failure in our team. There are things we have to work on, sure, but when your super star has one of if not the worst game of the season, you're going to struggle, and most likely lose.

If you're going to point fingers at anyone, I'd suggest pointing them at everyone but Smith/Bev/and Robinson.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought Lin deserved to be pulled in the 1st qtr after those terrible turnovers.

But he was playing brilliantly in the 3rd. I was shocked he never came back until the game was effectively over.

McHale simply trusts Beverly more and doesn't have a lot of confidence in Lin. I think that's pretty obvious at this point. Lin clearly is showing that based on his demeanor.

Beverly wasn't really outplaying Lin today. Dmo killed that run single handedly with his bricks and fouls. That's the weak point with the starters. I think you got to let Lin play with Greg Smith, TRob, and Delfino more. I'd be curious to let Bev start and Lin come off the bench and run the 2nd unit, and maybe give Harden some rest.

Some thing needs to be changed up because it's clear Lin is frustrated and understandably so.

11. Razsan

Razsan Member

Yes...just trying to illustrate what an idiot the poster sounds like when he makes sweeping comments about Lin.
    He made this "astute" observation about Lin in the 1st qtr but neglected to point out that he was coming alive in the 3rd when McHale abruptly benches him after Harden jacked up a few random bad shots.

12. twocanyan

twocanyan New Member

Was there a postgame with Mchale? Where are the hard questions for the coach about the in game decisions?

13. rockets137

rockets137 Member

This !!!
    wow you read my mind loud and clear

14. basketballholic

I'm still waiting to see the Beverley/Lin/Harden/Asik/Parsons lineup.

15. loox

loox Member

Wow! Did George say that? This guy definitely studies psychology, unlike some Mc....

16. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

There's a reason all the Rockets point guards have had issues with McHale. For whatever reason, probably due to how he saw point guards as a player, McHale gives his point guards a hard time the whole season.
    You could tell it's affecting Jeremy. In the third, after having a very nice start to the quarter he almost screamed at the refs for a foul after turning it over on a drive and dish. I think he suspected McHale would just bench him after that 1 turnover. Which ended up happening.

17. amak316

amak316 Member

At this point in the year it's a bit too late for major role changes so obviously nothing big will happen. I think the only way though for Harden and Lin to work in a non staggered minutes approach is for Harden to trust Lin a bit more. During Lin's strong stretch of games recently Harden was deferring to Lin on occasion and they both were thriving while we were blowing teams out.

That being said clearly McHale would prefer to have just a care taker pg paired with Harden, which Lin will never be. I think the team would be better off starting AB with Harden so he can just essentially play the 2 while Harden handles the ball.

I think Lin being a poor man's Harden should play his role off the bench with Patrick Beverly. This would maximize their skill set and allow Harden to play less minutes so he can maybe not get smoked every possession on defense. Lin is a rare commodity in that he can create his own shot at will all the while freeing up other players. That is wasted playing off the ball. I think our current starting lineup should still be closing out games though.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

And you would. . . . Great. Will you tell is their problems, so the rest of us can understand? "Players nice, coach mean. Players young, coach old. Players bigger salary than coach, coach not respect money. Everyone loves players so much, it is a burden for players." Am I right? Please help us understand, from your insider's perspective.

19. amak316

amak316 Member

My biggest issue with McHale is that he is extraordinarily uncreative. He doesn't try anything innovative at all. He has so many interesting unproven commodities, that seem to have a high ceiling, yet he seems to think he solved the puzzle on Day 1 of the season. He doesn't experiment at all and and has a stubborn approach. Now it's obviously too late to do much but he had plenty of time that he squandered.

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

sure, i am not going to answer until i have to.

i've been watching rox since 93, a 20 years rox fan. it's very frustrated. mchale is a coach very different from other coaches we had. he just jumped around wagons like many fans here. they hyped and dissed players game by game. to me, mchale has been seaching for different lifesaving line in each individual game. except harden, i am not sure how much trust and confidence he has on any player. he should understand they are young and play together less than a season.