1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, James Harden, Chandler Parsons after 100-91 loss to Pacers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2013.

1. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Feel sorry for all the homeless destitute people in the world, not a $25 million athlete

2. LAC

LAC Member

Any guess why he did that, Clutch?

3. jocar

jocar Member

Asik's post game interview...
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/El_mA5bY1kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Translation:
    Lol! Who still says "Audi 5"?
    he so cray

4. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Yeah, pretty much. Something's gotta be going on.

5. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

You understand why I am going to stop engaging in this line of reasoning.

6. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I noticed that too and tried to point it out but got ridiculed, its the same daydream look he had before he got hit in the head with the ball at the Cavs game. Before that he was getting plenty of minutes because he was playing really well. Something must be going on personally with him is all I can think of.

7. platypus

platypus Member

It just bothers me that a coach doesn't give his starter a chance to impact the game. Lin sucked balls the first half but i thought he came out with energy in the third quarter. Might as well ride him for a bit longer and bring in beverly at the end of the third and start lin the 4th.

As much as i love bev's defense and hustle, thats literally all that he does. He doesen't really see the floor well and is about the same shooter that Jeremy is. Albit Jermey does shoot a bit better when he is on a roll.

At this point the playoffs are all but guaranteed unless we have a giant collapse. I feel like McHale is taking a step forward with each win regarding his adjustments, rotations, and when we face a good team he takes two steps back.

I can't tell you how annoyed I was when he subbed out T-Rob for Delfino and had Hansbrough basically pummel carlos in the post. And then he doesen't sub in Asik IMMEDIATELY when hibbert checks in. He instead opts to wait until Hibbert scores 4 points off greg and then subs him in after a timeout.

At that point the game was basically over.

8. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I know - the overreaction on this board is a bit surreal...

9. munsteur

munsteur Member

I get the feeling that Lin sees the game better than McHale does.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Question is... has Lin been out of it cause of McHale's seemingly lack of trust or is McHale benching Lin cause he seems out of it?

11. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

He was out of it before he started getting benched. He got was out of it during the Cavs game.

12. kozmo

kozmo Member

He's out of it....played poorly a game ago, prior to that he scored what 20 plus a game?
    And this game had some tos in the first half but in the 3rd was the reason we were even in the game.....

And harden was 6 for 24 and all you guys want to do I'd talk about how bad Lin was? Really? Lin has been the best shooter on the team over the last month...perhaps Lin should have been on the floor and harden off because Lin has never gone for 6 of 24....

Perhaps there should be trade harden talk. It's no different and just as stupid

Lin will be fine. He's making a lot of money and will never have to get out of bed to go to a job. He is a good player and if he doesn't succeed here he will someplace else....

13. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Maybe Lin is still depressed that Harvard got knocked out of the tourney, heh

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

I love me some Lin. But to be honest, whether you like him or hate him, they should just trade Lin since they don't seem intent on maximizing Lin's skill set. It'll be better long term for both parties the faster the front office realizes this.

15. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Notice how Harden never acknowledges his poor play but keeps placing it all on "we." How about "I" didn't make shots, James.

16. LoLin

LoLin Member

He was completely off ever since the Cavs game. However, he did not help his case tonight by committing 2 WTF TO, to which I say he deserved to ride the pine for the first quarter.

That being said, he played more focused in the 3rd and was starting to get into the rhythm when McHale pulled him around 4 minute mark and didn't see much action until 4 minutes left in the 4th, which I think was a mistake on McHale's part.

P.S. Lin needs to hit those open shots, in particular that open corner 3 in the 1st quarter. Wasted a good play there.

17. LAC

LAC Member

The problem with Lin is he thinks he sees the game better than Mchale. You often see Lin coaching on the sideline during timeout. If I were Mchale, I would hate this guy too, whether he's right or not.

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

It is different because there is only one James Harden, while there are a bunch of average Point Guards available.

19. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

LOL then how many "good plays" did Parsons "waste" tonight? Dude had opens hots all night long and bricked them all.

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

here's my first world problem. the text i just received from my buddy in indiana:

"Take that Rockets!!!!!"