1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith, Francisco Garcia, Chandler Parsons after Rockets beat LAC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2013.

1. roksoer

roksoer Member

Since Lin is the only thing we ever talk about anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and talk about him a bit too.

He didn't play well, I have no idea what everyone's talking about, this was purely a team win with quite a bit of help from the refs.

Lin was completely stopped on offense, CP3 basically predicted every step he made the whole game and absolutely shut him off.

On defense CP3 was able to go wherever he wanted to go and shook Lin off whenever he wanted.

Beverley on the other hand was not intimidated by CP3 and managed to do a good job on him on defense and on offense, I have utmost respect for this guy as he doesn't back down from anyone and truly plays with balls. Another great great great signing by Morey.

Note that I wouldn't have even said anything about Lin's performance if it weren't for the fact that every damn post I read on CF is about him and how great he played last night, which can't be further from the truth if you watched the game without bias so don't label me as a LOH because I will track you down and pee on your pillow.

1 person likes this.
  2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

ok, so enjoy your own post.

3. conquistador#11

you are aware that for the season cpflop is around 48% shooting? then I'm sure you're also aware that on Beverely he went 3/3. on lin, paul went 4/14 or something way below cp flop standards. It's all for not since defense on guards is about TEAM effort and our bigs did a nice job rotating. But yes, cp flop is great at stealing. It almost felt as if he led the league in steals or something.

4. VanityHalfBlack

WTF? GTFO!

5. nono

nono Member

lolzzzzzzz

6. Albinoswordfish

What's your definition of completely stopped? 15 pts on 10 shots is ok. Lin did pretty well on defense along with the Bigs. Also nice last sentence, really showing how mature you are.

7. seyton

seyton Member

Good stuff as always.

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You're funny. Why do you ask ppl not to be biased and them spew out a completely biased post like this? If CP3 came and went as he pleased on offense and defense, how did he have 5 fouls and LA lose by 20?

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Cut it please. It's the posts like yours that fuel the useless debates.

1 person likes this.
  10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Welcome to having Jeremy Lin on your team. It should be absolutely no suprise anymore. The kind of intrigue he generates is usually reserved for superstars. Forum topics that aren't even about him eventually become about him. Everyone's got an opinion: his fans, NY writers and random Knick trolls who never got over him leaving, Rox fans who hate Lin fans who end up hating Lin by association etc etc.

11. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Watch your language - you might get banned.

12. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

You're kinda funny.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You dont watch basketball very often do you? You couldnt be more wrong.

1 person likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The hell with the others; what does Jeremy Lin smell like? I've heard it's a cross between Calvin Kline's Obsession, and cotton candy. And if he sweats on you, your lifespan increases by 3 years.

;)

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Thank god Garcia was on fire last night. When his shot is falling, he doesn't consistently do much else for the team.

16. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

You know nothing about basketball. If you are sick of reading posts on CF, then why are you on here fool? No one really cares.. just leave.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this is a fair assessment although you will get flamed a lot for it.

Lin did not have a great game. It wasn't his worst, but it was far far from his best, and disappointing. He didn't look very quick, had trouble guarding CP3, and Paul was giving him fits. There was a point where Lin tried to cross Paul over and Paul nearly stole the ball. It went out of bounds...I think off Lin.

It's disheartening because I want Lin to do well, but he certainly has his deficiencies. I am not sure he will ever be that great of a dribbler and will ever be able to handle elite defensive point guards all that well. I am hoping he can develop the kind of intelligent game that will make up for those weaknesses. I think he can, but I have to say, I've been pretty unimpressed with Lin the past few games. There was no excuse to blame Harden last night. I was expecting *a lot* more assists from Lin than 3.

18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Weird but interesting how people who watch the same game can have such different viewpoints, especially from those who I think are objective Rockets fans. I think it's the eye-test. Paul looks alot "cooler" in his moves, but when you look at team basketball and overall effectiveness, it's often a different story.

19. Albinoswordfish

Can't believe somebody actually agrees with this post. I like how you left off the last sentence to make his post seem like he's not trying to troll. You think Beverly did a better job defending CP3 even though he went 3 for 3 compared to 4 for 12 when guarded by Lin?

You probably hate LOFs, I don't blame you, but at least look at the stats before agreeing with awful posts.

20. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Actually, Sweet Lou is one of Lin's biggest defenders and is quite often, very fair and objective in his views. He also knows how to admit when he is wrong.

My assessment is that Lin played a very good team game yesterday, but, on an individual basis, since he is still pretty much a "rookie" and this is only his second (or third?) match against Chris Paul, best point guard in the NBA, it is obvious he (JLin) is going to get schooled every now and then.

And you know what..... getting schooled is not a bad thing. It is actually VERY GOOD developmental training. Getting such an experience is one of the best ways to improve ones game. You think Kobe Bryant didn't learn from getting "schooled" by Michael Jordan in the past?

I am sure Jeremy Lin will learn from this experience and improve from it. After all, even in the real world, no one becomes a "superstar" in the field / career overnight. A budding doctor will make some mistakes at the beginning of his career and get chastised by senior doctors. A fresh lawyer will get grilled by seniors, judges, clients and opposing lawyers for plenty of silly or ignorant mistakes. A rookie chef will get his ear-drums broken from all the hollering delivered by the senior chefs. Same goes for practically every other profession. Ultimately, the best in all professions progressed by observing and working with (or against) the then best in their field.

If Jeremy Lin has to get schooled a few more times this season in order for him to be a top notch point guard next season, I'm all up for it. I remember some dude in the past saying something about standing on the shoulders of giants or whereabouts like that.....