1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith, Francisco Garcia after Rockets 111-103 win over Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

The question was basically how Jeremy's play can be carried over to when harden comes back. Mchale refused to answer the question and gave an answer that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Refusal to answer question spoke volumes.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

He didn't refuse to answer the question.

His answer had to do with how the team should play in future games, which was related to the question, although the question was how the team should play in future games specifically with Jeremy.

It seems his answer was that the way the Rockets should play did not depend on Jeremy or whether Harden was in or out: there is a way they should play on any night, regardless of which player's name you put in the question.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did answer - he basically said it wasn't an issue because they had meshed well previously and the few games that they didn't are just growing pains.

4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Repped.

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I like Garcia,hope he would take a paycut next season if he is willing.

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

Guys, I'm a Lin fan but I'm going to defend McHale.
    Let me re-phrase the question in a way that McHale may have heard it.
    Reporter: "So regarding the play stopping offense that your highly paid star player is prone to running....do you think that you can get him to see the error of his ways in 1 practice???"
    His answer that the way they played the last 2 games is the way they should always play was the RIGHT answer...don't make Harden feel any animosity to any of his teammates and let them build on the victory.

7. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

To me it seemed like he wasn't paying attention to the question at all and went on autopilot off on a little rant

8. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I don't know that that's true.

The offense in the last two game involves a lot of off-ball cuts/movements by the SG to account for the two bigs (Greg and Omer) and the spacing issues created by not having a stretch 4. To say it is completely the same is disingenuous.

9. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

In this game he was able to dribble around, hold onto the ball longer to let a play develop, and when it did he made the right pass and the bigs got easy baskets. In other games he passed it quickly and then the ball never came back to him. In this game, there were hand offs and it came back to him.

One can argue whether this was the coaching or his own doing, but I think Lin's natural inclination is to take a little longer dribble, so I would think the quick hand off was a coaching decision.

10. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Turn on sarcasm detector.

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I don't have coach benching for some time anyone, including Harden, if a particular player is making dumb mistakes on offense or defense. And I think that's coach's job. Having said this, in a close game or where the game has gotten close, the coach should go with the best 5 players to close out the game. I really think Mac should utilize Anderson, Smith, Jones more. Also, let AB play little bit more, especially when the Rockets has a big lead.

12. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Sorry, cannot. I take posters at what they type not how they type.

13. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Meant to say "I don't have a problem with the coach".

14. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Dude give it up, his answer would be VERY different if the question was about another play who he felt was worthy of adapting the team's style up but he doesn't. Deal with it. This GARM would be a lot more quieter if you guys don't go around defending McHale but instead would just admit that he doesn't think highly of Lin's game. Why is it that hard?

15. Fighton

Fighton Member

it's a question about the team as it related to jeremy's role and his play in this game. he chose to answer it in terms of the team and basically, this is how the flow of the game should go every game. moving the ball, going up and down the court, moving off the ball, etc. they've played like this a lot of times this year - and it takes more than just jeremy to make it happen. everyone needs to buy in and according to his answer, sometime everyone does, and sometimes not everyone does. i think we can figure out when certain players are not buying in.

16. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Poe's Law

Even with a smiley, it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet.

17. Fighton

Fighton Member

the latter part of his quote makes it even more apparent that he wants to be THE point guard. "we've got to be able to do what we both are really good at together and at the same time", this coming right on the heels of "i was the point guard... it was nice"..

what he's trying to say is let me play PG and let Harden play SG, THAT'S how we can both do what we are good at, at the same time.

don't know why this is so hard for people to understand. this quote coming from jeremy, i don't know why there should even be any doubt how they should play together.

18. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Just because James is a good ball handler doesn't mean he should be handling the ball majority of the time. I feel like if Jeremy played as THE point guard and James as THE shooting guard, James would be able to take his efficient game to another level. He wouldn't have to expend nearly as much energy on offense trying to score, trying to handle the ball and then still have to play defense.

19. BayMind

BayMind Rookie

I wish I could +10 this post

So great

20. Nook

Nook Member

In this game I did not have a problem with Lin and Asik not playing many minutes in the second half because we had a comfortable lead and we also have 4 games in 5 days, they can use the rest.