1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith, Francisco Garcia after Rockets 111-103 win over Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

nice observation but would curry remain lethal from 3 without getting many touches....?

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

GSW would never do that trade. Curry & Harden would be an awful defensive back court & I am nervous about banking on Curry's ankles. But Curry is a significant talent upgrade over a lot of Pg's including Lin.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

Exactly. That's how I read his comments as well. The question was more bout the system than about Lin and he answered it.

4. coffeelover665

yeah Lin picked his words very carefully. Even in the postgame right after the match, he stumbled a couple of times trying to use the correct words when it involved James and Chandler

5. wendzall

wendzall Member

I tried to be more generous in interpreting Mchale's evasion of the question about Lin. And if you read between the lines it may be that when he's talking about the fluctuations in the pace of the ball movement up the court, he is indirectly criticizing Harden for slowing things down.

6. wendzall

wendzall Member

I wonder sometimes when Mchale does not hold Harden accountable by taking him out or calling him out publicly, is he just playing favoritism or are his options for controlling Harden being limited by management or other external influences?

7. verysimplejason

I think I can see some problems there. If you make Harden the focal point of the offense that much without undergoing any plays, you're just making it easier for the opponents to make defensive plays. A little variety wouldn't hurt. I think that's the gripe of some people here regarding McHale. The game is predictable when he plays Harden like that. That and of course you wear down Harden faster. We need a system where we exploit opponent's disadvantages. It's not as if we're going all the time with Hakeem in the old days.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I can't imagine how being asked about Jeremy every time you speak could possibly get annoying.

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

He seemed to be annoyed since the start of the season...

10. verysimplejason

I guess you really want to get Lin back to Warriors. Aren't you from the bay area???

11. coffeelover665

The rockets would be lucky to have curry in place of lin..

12. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I wouldn't get mad - I'd give credit to the players who fought their butt off. Coach is a professional, not a poster on clutchfans. He should act like one.

13. gengar

gengar Member

No. Unless you consider ATL as bay area. I have no love for GSW or their new ugly jerseys. I don't root for the Hawks...because they're the Hawks. lol

Close guess...not.

14. yxx1218

yxx1218 Member

Oh, Lin finally said such things, good for him.

15. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

this +1

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Those are big things Lin said especially when he stated, "I was the point guard and not just a point guard." The thing is now when the pressure is on heavy and you play teams that are tough defensively like in the beginning of the Indiana game and Miami for example... Be THE point guard then instead of getting the ball stolen from you three straight times coming up the court.

17. Jedster

Jedster Member

I know you're trying to make some kind of point, but really, when did your scenario ever happen?

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

No... I know Im in the minority on this but I wouldn't trade Asik for Curry straight up. I really wouldn't. And yes I know exactly how well Curry shoots.

19. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

fixed for you.

20. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

But he will be very happy to answer any question about Harden.:grin: