1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith, Francisco Garcia after Rockets 111-103 win over Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

McHale just refers back to how sticky the ball was in the Pacers game. I guess it's because JLin was to blame for that lost.

1 person likes this.
  2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He played like 15 min's last year, I'm sure he's glad to get 30 a night.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ with all the people claiming they want Asik to play heavy minutes.

Do they realize why our last HOF coach got the axe?

4. SugarLandDream8

Yeah but he didn't have a 25 million contract last season so no he probably is not happy.

Would Harden be happy being the 6 man this year since he was one last season?

5. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Lin: hey Mchale did you feel me, Im fragile inside ... LOL

6. Grigori

Grigori Member

I think McHale's ire was justified this game. Lin wasn't playing the right way. You saw how Lin was running the offense in the 1st quarter. Holding the ball waiting for the bigs to establish position then methodically feeding the post, again, again, and again, so stagnant. That's not sexy and it doesn't generate hot assists. The ball wasn't moving. Lin ran the offense to move the defense, not the ball. Ball movement, based Lin. Ball. Movement. Not defense movement. Why make the defense move and get dunks and layups on the other side when you can just move ball until you find the hole to attack 1-on-3 you like the team wanted?

You saw how much better Beverley was at following instructions in the 4th, giving Smith his 0.37 allotted milliseconds to fight for position down low before furiously swinging the ball from side to side to side to side without any offensive purpose whatsoever, hoping somebody, anybody, would catch the ball on the shoulders, drive through three defenders, and lay it up through sheer superiority of talent and force of will, because all that furious aimless ball movement wasn't moving the defense one tiny wee iota.

It's not about winning the game; it's about trying to lose the right way. It's not about thinking above the neck; it's about thinking below the waist. Real men don't make it easy on themselves by thinking too hard. It's about heart; it's about balls. It's about swinging the ball from side to side to side to side until you get the 1-on-3 you really really wanted, like a real man, doing it the Hard way.

;)

Goddamnit, now you have done it. I was so determined not to complain about a win no matter how much it irked me. You people. Sigh. You troll me so hard. So hard...

2 people like this.
  7. ngazi

ngazi Member

LOL it's OK man we are weak in the post. We'll get there.

8. sean joh

sean joh Member

his is better than JR smith~:grin:

9. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

McHale's disdain for Lin is so damn obvious now. Can't even praise the guy for a good game or answer a legitimate question about his play, but pulls out all the stops to heap the love on Harden and even cover for him when he plays like ass.

Can't stand this guy's bias.

10. sean joh

sean joh Member

yup, won't be Lowery 2.0, it's Mchale 1.0
    Jeremy Lin is more important to the league than Mchale as a coach~

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You're right if I'm a guy who's a bench guy making league min. I'd be very upset with being handed a starting role on a playoff team AND having to take 25 million dollars to do it.

12. OpportunityCost

Actually to be fair, He did sort of answer the question which is also asking implicitly can we stick to this style of play where there is a lot of movement and passing - which happened the last two games with Jeremy running the show and Harden wasn't playing. McHale said that this is not something new, there have been games where we have done "this" - passing and movement. But sometimes they don't execute. They're a young team. (paraphrasing)

My problem is, if the ball is getting "sticky", he should sub out whoever is the culprit for making the ball "sticky" and put in players who will play more within a team-oriented structure. Yes, they're a young team, but there is an adult supervisor here - You. Sub them out and put in players who will execute the offensive plan of passing and movement.

13. deedee82

deedee82 Member

"Tonight, I was the point guard," Lin said. "I wasn't just a point guard on the team. I was kind of the point guard. It was nice, but we're a much more dangerous team with James (Harden) and the fact of the matter is, we've got to be able to do what we both are really good at together and at the same time. For each other, also. It's not that we don't want it. We're just trying to figure it out, at times.

Apparently the latter part of his sentences were omitted from the twit, i meant tweet :p

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

He'd be great if he could stop fouling so much and stay on the floor.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What are you referring to and what are you trying to say?

16. deedee82

deedee82 Member

What i'm implying is leaving out the last part of the quote makes it easy to miscontrue any intent Lin might have been putting given the state of the board as its been regarding anything that is about Lin :)

Leave the guessing of intent to the coaches and management and enjoy the win.

17. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

[​IMG]

18. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

Why wouldn't he be? His contract is 5/5/15. You don't think he is worth 5 million next year? If they wanted to get rid of him it would be his 3rd year when they need to pay him the 15.

19. gengar

gengar Member

I'm a Lin fan as well as a Rocket fan but everytime we talk about Lin possibly being traded away next season, I can't help but feel like Curry would be the perfect PG to complement this "PG becomes SG" system. Curry's 3s are known to be lethal and we need a star PG to keep Mchale from constantly yanking our PGs. I also feel like Warriors would love to have Lin's penetration skills. I just don't see the Warriors trading straight up Lin for Curry tho =( We'll probably have to add in Asik + fillers. Would you guys want that trade?

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i was the pointguard not just a pointguard:grin: