1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after scoring 38 points vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Do you know who is averaging 15 points 3 assists 2 boards on 47% shooting and 62% 3pt and 2 steals in the last 4 games off the bench? Yes, it's Toney Douglas.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You do know that you're already irrelevant as a poster here right? And I did everybody who's got you on their ignore list a favour by deleting your post, as they don't want to see it and I do so just for laughs

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

A player only fake fan like you can talk.

4. matthewrich

matthewrich Member

ok, then explain why did rockets cut jeremy last season

5. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because Jonny Flynn had a guaranteed contract and Lin didn't? I don't get how this is relevant...

6. BBAL

BBAL Member

Really happy for Lin having such a performance. Makes the loss feel a bit better, but still sucks what happened on that last possession.

I was too busy watching the Pats-Houston game last night, but I saw it on SportsCenter and when my eye caught that last play it seem as if Jeremy had another terrible game.

Then I saw the stat sheet...:eek:

Hopefully both Lin and Harden can figure out how to somehow play like this consistently. There's something definitely going on there if the first time Harden is out, Lin does something like this.

His efficiency was crazy too. Over 50% on 21 shots, 4 for 5 3 pointers and 12 for 12....Nuts. Worth pointing out both of his games like this were against contenders. Lakers last year, and now Spurs. Too bad he didn't get the W this time.

7. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Anyone have or can make a gif of Lin laying out for that rebound vs Duncan?

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well, that is something the coaches should try to do. Lin is an incredible talent but so far this season, the coaching staff still haven't been able to find a way for both players to co-exist

9. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

hmm, I saw Mchale's interview after the game, man he was pissed at jeremy's last play, yeah he kept on saying the words - "Jeremy played well." but his tone and facial expression gave it away that he was anything but impressed.

I can't help but feel that Jeremy came out playing this way against the Spurs because he felt slighted and betrayed somewhat in the Mavs game. The fact that Harden was out gave him the chance to play his game.

10. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I saw that play, it was against Mo Williams in the Jazz game, Mo and Lin was scoring against each other at will, Mo with the J and Lin with the drive.

Harden really is OK with Lin and others taking the ball more, I don't think he would complain too much, he is playing too many minutes and doing too much.

11. split41

split41 Member

Wow, Parker seems like a nice guy. I like this support. Kudos TP.

Also, bit shattered about the loss tonight, but lots of great things to take away from it. Lin was great and I hope he keeps hitting his shots the rest of the year.
    If so, Playoffs here we come!

Also, Clutch is a funny dude.

12. Jedster

Jedster Member

Well I didn't see the interview, but a game like this puts a lot of pressure on the coaches. Now that every Rockets fan has seen that Lin can return to Linsanity type play given the right circumstances, it's on the coaches to bring about those right circumstances.

And if Lin is yanked in crucial times again, everyone will question their decisions and call for their heads. Even more so than before.

So yeah, they're in trouble. :grin:

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

yeah so true but imagine what would become of him if he correct those flaws when he scored 21 pts with such a crappy offensive game...:grin:

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

YEAH!!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!

15. VanityHalfBlack

On Monday Night Football of all places, lol....

16. metalshred

metalshred Member

Damn it, almost everyone who posted in this thread joined us after July 2012 ;)

17. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Just wow. :rolleyes:

18. loox

loox Member

From the bright side, he still gets his killer gene; he is still clutch!

19. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

so we, LOFs, hope Lin and Harden and the Rockets can bring together a 7 games winning streak....YES.:cool:

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I think coaches should try giving Lin 100% free hands for 40 minutes at least for a few games just like they gave it to Harden these last 20 games...Lin would thrive and I doubt Harden would be lost...on contrary i think Harden would thrive even more....