1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after scoring 38 points vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Jedster

Jedster Member

One can only hope!

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Nice of him to say this.

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I think most of the true Lin fans have been pretty quiet. There are a few trolls who seem to stirring things up and trying to rip Harden in order to get people to hate Lin.

Excellent game from Lin, but to me it really isn't that much of a surprise since I saw it all last year in NY and knew that he had improved certain facets of his game. Still, I am so happy for him given all the **** he has taken over the last few months.

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I actually think losing this game will help the Rockets out in the long run.

I feel one of the reasons that Lin and Melo didn't work out is because the media really blew things up to the point where it was just embarrassing for Melo.

And similarly, had we won this game, I'm sure the media would have loved to push the "can Harden & Lin coexist" angle.

But this loss helps both of them because, not only does it give Lin confidence, it reaffirms his skill to others. In addition, Harden & Lin both realize they can't do it alone. Twice they have been beaten by a team despite scoring well themselves.

I feel this common "enemy" will help them work together better. I just hope the coaches can recognize this and best use their skills.

3 people like this.
  5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I agree. Wins or losses don't matter much now as long as players learn how to win. You can often learn more from losses than from wins.

6. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Nice outside of the box analysis.

7. seahawk

seahawk Member

Well said. Blessing in disguise.

8. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

still ...

Why No Asik Interview!!!

10. texansalltheway

McHale is just not good enough to coach in the NBA

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

do people really think Lin was pissed in this interview or depressed. Doesn't he always interview this way? He is pretty consistent in his interviews, and that's why we love him so much.

dude is "classy"? right?

Or are some wanting to reinterpret Lin's every word to fit their complaints about his handling?

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was waiting for him to have a game like this. God, how I hope it continues for a good long stretch.

14. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

this.....:)

15. ERC

ERC Member

I don't see an issue with Harden/Lin co-existing. I mean, Harden had no problem playing alongside Westbrook (another aggressive PG) & Durant.

In all fairness to Melo, the NY fans didn't treat him quite fairly during the height of Linsanity. During their 6-game losing streak upon Melo's return, fans routinely boo'd Melo but was very tolerant of Lin's struggle. IIRC, Lin once made this atrocious TO where he literally threw the ball away, and the MSG crowd was silent. Whoever was calling the game made a comment that, "Had that been Melo, we'd be hearing boos from the crowd."

16. just a word

just a word Member

Totally agree. Would rep these posts if I could.:grin:

17. ERC

ERC Member

Yes he's classy, but Lin is also his own harshest critic. Perhaps not p*ssed or depressed, but he was definitely disappointed.

18. ERC

ERC Member

Umm... we are talking about a guy who tried to get out of his own presser when he first signed with the team. ;)

19. Jedster

Jedster Member

Fans aren't really fair though. I think that was the case then, and that is the case now.

I would never boo Lin for anything, but I would boo Kobe just for touching the ball.

(Sorry to all Kobe fans out there! LOL...well, I lie, I'm not really sorry)

20. ERC

ERC Member

Yeah. I remembered one played where Lin brought the ball up the court and was looking to pass to Harden, but Harden simply signed to tell Lin to keep it, and Lin ended up taking it straight to the rim.

There's def. gonna be growth pains but I think it's gonna work. Both guys seem unselfish.