1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after scoring 38 points vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ERC

ERC Member

Nah, his eyes would've been red had he cried.

I think he was disappointed at himself more than anything - not thinking about the 38pt he scored but how he blew the last possession in regulation. What a great kid.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Man, Osik Osik Osik....dude sometimes missing easy buckets. I wish he's a bit quicker in terms of doing the layups because he get strip easily.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Sometimes Lin gets overly confident. That last possession he definitely underestimated danny green as a defender, not good, he better learn

4. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

I really hope they figure it out. Really don't wanna see a repeat of Melo-Lin. Not saying at all that Harden is Melo, just saying the situation could end up similar where they are in a tug of war.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Awesome. :grin:

6. torocan

torocan Member

Learning curve.

The Spurs are one of the better defenses in the league, and one of the best offenses. They're also probably the best passing team in the game, ultra hard to guard effectively with their roster of shooters.

We'll all just have to ride the roller coaster and see where it takes us. :grin:

7. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

It was a good move by Spurs coaching, and thus in their way saying Lin was the man to stop. It was the first game he's really been himself. Coaching should point it out to him, and he should learn.

8. ERC

ERC Member

Roller coaster destination: Playoffs. :grin:

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The key is Lin also saying he just played and wasn't thinking. Lin is having trouble acclimating to a role within the sets they have installed. He starts thinking too much about what to do and gets hesitant. When they don't run sets, he is free to just feel his way through and act. At some point he needs to learn to lead structure plays.

McHale stated something to this effect earlier. This is a young team. Lin is practically a rookie. These things take time. He will be fine.

10. detso

detso Member

I rather see a overly confident Lin but it's just too bad that it was the most important possession of the game.

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Oh, coach pointed it out alright:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>McHale praised Lin's fantastic game, but said he was hoping he would not have waved off the pick Omer set for the game-winner in regulation.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/278346572952125441" data-datetime="2012-12-11T03:52:49+00:00">December 11, 2012</a></blockquote>

12. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

GOOD!

13. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Yes, I agree with you here. I think he tried to play Harden hero ball. I wish he called for a PNR.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't get the reference. Can someone explain?

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Yea, McHale really focused on this and was quite critical. I have a feeling if Lin ran the pick and roll, he would've been doubled, forcing Asik to have to play 4 on 3 with the dropoff from Lin and "hopefully" make the play. Given his declining production in the game, probably from fatigure, obviously Lin didn't want to take this chance. What McHale could have done is called timeout and substituted in Greg Smith, who can catch (and also offensive rebound as well as Asik), or another offensive player who is more dangerous.

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Clarification:

17. sidestep

sidestep Member

This far into the season and the coaches have installed nothing but Lin doing a dribble hand off. It's just ridiculous, and a waste.

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

19. zdrav

zdrav Member

I seriously doubt that would happen.

Melo's always been the "loser" of the legendary 2003 draft. I bet he couldn't stand it that while Lebron and Wade and Bosh were on their way to multiple titles, he was perhaps going to be stuck playing second fiddle to some Chinese kid from Harvard.

Harden wouldn't have the same issues, especially since he and Lin are almost the same age.

20. detso

detso Member

Bad Jeremy. I hope he won't get benched next game. :grin: