1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after Rockets 101-89 win over Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. micactus

micactus Member

Sorry, buddy, go back to check who brought it up. NOT me.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I never said I wasn't.

Is your head always this far up your own ass?

3. nono

nono Member

The coaching and management philosophy here is to make it very clear to every player apart from Harden know that they are only here because they currently can not be traded for something better. That is Morey with his "assets" talk 24/7 in the media and McHale today telling ESPN before the game that no one on the team apart from Harden can play. Great way to develop a young team.

4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Gold.

5. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

good example. plus these guys are known to be deadly shooters (at least Chris Paul and Monta Ellis is). and aside from Paul, the other guys bring absolutely nothing to the table if their shooting goes south. Lin at least plays defense, helps defense, rebounds, assists, steals, and did you see the 2 amazing blocks today? once his shots are falling, he's going to be real dangerous. but why limit him to just spot up shooting when he brings so much to the table as a floor general? makes no sense for the coaches to make a pg play spot up shooting most of the time and bench him just because his shot's aren't falling. ridiculous.

6. micactus

micactus Member

Did you watch the game?

Do you know him?

Don't put your words into his mouth, plz.

7. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

It's funny. McHale said that harden is the only one who can go 1 on 1 against the defense. Yet harden is the only one with screens being set for. Joke.

8. micactus

micactus Member

Ah, classy. That's the real you, isn't it.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You could literally argue with yourself.

That's how far up your head is up your own ass.

By the way, you started this crap, so I have no idea what makes you think you could talk about "class".

10. Lihao

Lihao Member

i think what they tryng to say are Lin is what he is now, not a good spot up shooter, you can't expect him to suddenly improve his weakness overnight, it'll take times. so it's the coach's job how to facilitate him rather than force him into uncomfortable role.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I did. We won. He can be a turnover machine and I don't blame coach for not playing him in the 4th. You guys need to get over your selves.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is a pretty rational post. I agree with what you are saying, but the houston rockets have to do...what it takes for the houston rockets to win a game. Lin's development long term is crucial but no one player has a say over the entire team's success.

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Lin is going to have to find his own swag instead of being spoonfed it. He's getting starter's minutes and is bricking wide open jumpers from all spots on the floor. That's not on the coaching staff. If he can't learn to play in a system, his career will be limited because he's not good enough to earn the same usage rate as Lebron James. What team is going to make him the #1 option simply because he's ineffective in another role?

Rondo, Parker, and Nash were not instant all-stars. They had to play off their equally talented teammates in small roles before their coaches handed them the reins. Guys like Francis and Tyreke Evans were given the top role from the start and consequently never added anything else to their games. Yeah, Lin's a hard worker and so might avoid the trap of complacency, but giving him priority in the offense when everyone else is also working hard (like Parsons) sends a bad message. "Get on Sportscenter, become a media sensation and we will cater our team to you!"

I like Lin and actually think he's doing a lot of positive things, so I don't get why everyone is so worked up about his shots right now. It will come around eventually, just by building comfort. It's the first quarter of the season and everyone is finding their role. Can we have some patience please? Or is everyone so upset because we're actually expecting to win the 2013 championship?

14. jcheung1017

jcheung1017 Member

I think they might be trying to drive the trade value of douglas up, unless douglas is in Rocket's long term plan, playing him over Lin doesn't make a lot of sense for player development.

15. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

LOL right?
    I was just lurking at realgm.com and there's a thread on the general discussion board on how Jeremy is being terribly misused and everyone from Celtics, Knicks, Miami fans agree on it and ironically it's only the "Rockets" fans (probably same fools that post here) that refuse to accept it.

But anyways some of my favorite posts from non-Rockets' fans @realgm that speak the obvious:

1 person likes this.
  16. Lihao

Lihao Member

that would raise another argument as well , everyone know Rockets is not going to win anything or even get into playoff this season , so would you rather to develope your starting PG with more upside and try to build the chemistry between your backcourt or playing a back up player in last year contract?

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Right now his biggest weakness, at least in my opinion, isn't his inability to make shots.

It's his reluctance to take shots. He is way too passive on the court, and I mean extremely passive.

TD had plenty of ball handling duties when he was on the court with Harden, Lin can do the same. He just needs to assert himself more on offense.

18. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I would hazard that either Lin or Douglas will be gone by the time the next training camp starts.

19. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

If Lin leaves I'm not watching the Rockets anymore and I live in Houston. No point in watching a team that won't exist next year minus Harden and one other guy.

20. micactus

micactus Member

Sorry Mr. I can't-read-my-own-post. I was responding to your saying "Lin isn't getting tortured you nuts. He's on a 25 mil contract."